Below are the UMYU PG courses for all prospective candidates who want to apply for admissions into the full-time Postgraduate programmes of Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina
UMYU Postgraduate Courses are listed below:
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Department of Education
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
M.Ed. Curriculum and Instructions
M.Ed. Educational Psychology
M.Ed. Educational Management
M.Sc. (Ed) Physics
M.Sc. (Ed) Mathematics
M.Sc. (Ed) Geography
M.Sc. (Ed) Chemistry
M.Sc. (Ed) Biology
Department of Library and Information Science
Postgraduate Diploma in Information and Record Management (PGDIRM)
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
Department of Arabic
Department of Nigerian Languages (Hausa)
Department of History and Sociology
Department of Islamic Studies
M. A. Islamic Studies
Ph.D. Islamic Studies
Department of English and French
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
Department of Economics
FACULTY OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry
Department of Geography
Masters in Resource Development (MRD)
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
M.Sc. Computer Science
Department of Biology
Department of Physics
Postgraduate Diploma – 2 to 4 Semesters
Masters in Resource Development (MRD) – 2 to 4 Semesters
M.A./M.Sc. – 4 to 6 Semesters
Ph.D – 6 to 10 Semesters
POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AS AMENDED
The following shall qualify for the Postgraduate Diploma admission:
- Graduates of recognized Universities are eligible for admission.
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of lower credit pass (CGPA 3.00 – 3.49) or its equivalent in relevant areas.
- Candidates with Third Class in areas other than Education can be considered after 3 years relevant Postgraduate experience. Those in the Education may be considered in their area of specialization.
Masters’ Degree (Academic and Professional)
The following shall qualify for the Academic Masters’ Degree admission:
- Graduates of recognized Universities who obtained the approved Bachelors degree with at least Second-Class honors (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale. Candidates who do not make up CGPA 3.00 must possess a Postgraduate Diploma of recognized Institution with at least a credit level pass (CGPA 3.50 – 4.49) in relevant areas.
The following shall qualify for the Professional Masters’ Degree admission:
- Candidates with any Bachelors Degree in Third Class division who have at least five years relevant working experience.
- Candidate who possess Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least a credit pass (CGPA 3.00 – 3.49) and at least a credit at Postgraduate Diploma (CGPA 3.50 – 4.49) of a recognized Institution.
Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.)
The following shall qualify for Master of Philosophy admission:
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained a good Masters Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale shall be required to register for M.Phil/Ph.D. and has to score a CGPA of 3.50 and above on a 5-point scale to preceed for Ph.D. in the proposed area.
Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
The following shall qualify for the Doctor of Philosophy admission:
- Graduates of recognized universities who have obtained a good Masters degree with a CGPA of 3.50 and above appropriate to the proposed areas of study.
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained Masters of Philosophy Degree with a CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale to proceed for Ph.D. in the appropriate to the proposed areas of study.
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Second Class lower division (CGPA 3.00) on a 5-point scale.
To apply for the postgraduate admission into Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, visit umyu pg portal http://portal.umyu.edu.ng/pgapplication/