Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the underlisted DELSU Postgraduate programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Professional Masters, Academic Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees of the Delta State University, Abraka.
To view DELSU Postgraduate courses Click here
Application fee: N31,000.00 (Thirty-One Thousand Naira) only
(A) General Admission Requirements
- Candidates for Postgraduate Studies must have a degree or Higher National Diploma from a Senate recognized institution. They must have also obtained at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics in WASC, NECO, GCE (Ordinary Level), or NABTEB at not more than two sittings. Pass in English or Mathematics is not acceptable, and ACE and TC II are not acceptable (No equivalent to WASC, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB). Please note that there will be no waiver for anybody seeking admission into all programmes.
- A candidate applying for Ph. D in any programme must have obtained at least a weighted average score of 60% overall or CGPA of 3.50.
Candidates must be holders of bachelor’s degrees in the relevant discipline from the Delta State University or any other University with at least “Third Class Honours” degree or a HND (Upper Credit) recognized by Senate.
(B) Specific Requirements
Apart from the general requirements, candidates are also expected to meet specific departmental requirements for admission into different departmental programmes.
How to apply
Candidates are required to visit www.delsuonline.com and complete the Delta State University, Abraka 2017/2018 PG Admission form online and to also generate an applicant virtual pin of N31,000.00 (Thirty-One Thousand Naira) only. Payment should be made to any of the follow banks:
(iii) Zenith bank
(iv) Unity bank
Note: All applicants must submit photocopies of the following document
- 2 Hard copies of downloaded Application Form
- Transcript of all previous qualifications obtained
- WASC; NECO; GCE or NABTED Certificate (not TC II)
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption or Exclusion Certificate from NYSC only.
- A 3 – 5 page research proposal indicating area of research interest (for Ph.D. candidates)
Candidates are advised to read the instructions on the home page of the Website before completing the application form.
Candidates should submit the hard copies of their applications along with other relevant documents at the Postgraduate School Office, Abraka on or before 31st May, 2017.
List of those offered provisional admission into any programme will be published in Abraka Campus. Screening of provisionally admitted candidates and payment of fees will commence immediately thereafter and end on 31st July, 2017.