(i) The AMVCA is an acknowledgement and celebration of the contribution made by Pan African filmmakers, actors and technicians to the success of the continent’s film & television industries.
(ii) The AMVCA will honour the rich entrepreneurial and creative spirit of the African filmmaker.
Winners will receive the prestigious AMVCA trophy.
(iii) The AMVCA will endeavour to cultivate and inspire new talent within the various Pan African industries through its development programmes.
(iv) The AMVCA will take place in Lagos, Nigeria on September 1st 2018.
Category of award
- Best Movie (Drama/Comedy) Southern Africa
- Best Movie (Drama/Comedy) East Africa
- Best Movie (Drama/Comedy) West Africa
- Best Overall Movie 2018 (Africa)
- Best Television Series (Drama/Comedy)
- Best Indigenous Language (Movie/TV Series)
– Best Swahili
– Best Yoruba
– Best Hausa
– Best Igbo
- Best Director (Movie)
- Best Writer (Movie/TV Series)
- Best Actor in a Comedy (Movie/TV Series)
- Best Actor in a Drama (Movie/TV Series)
- Best Actress in a Comedy (Movie/TV Series)
- Best Actress in a Drama (Movie/TV Series)
- Best Supporting Actor (Movie/TV Series)
- Best Supporting Actress (Movie/TV Series)
- Best Cinematographer (Movie/TV Series)
- Best Short Film or Online Video
- Best Documentary
- Best Art Director (Movie/TV Series)
- Best Costume Designer (Movie/TV Series)
- Best Lighting Designer (Movie/TV Series)
- Best Picture Editor (Movie/TV Series)
- Best Sound Editor (Movie/TV Series)
- Best Sound Track (Movie/TV Series)
- Call for submission:
Opens: 1st March 2018
Closes: 30th April 2018
- Only fully executed online submissions with a reference video clip of 2-3 minutes will be accepted.
- Unique reference numbers will be allocated to each completed online submissions. All further correspondence will require the corresponding reference number to be inserted.
- Once you have received the unique reference number you will be required to send a hard drive or a digital file containing the submitted project. Please quote your reference number on the submission package.
- For submission requirements, digital file delivery process and details please log onto www.africamagic.tv/AMVCA
- All films, made-for-television movies or television series are eligible for entry to the AMVCA if they had been produced and broadcast or publically exhibited during the period October 1st, 2016 to March 31st, 2018.
- All entries must be submitted for judging exactly as presented during public exhibition or broadcast. No modifications may be made for purposes of the awards.
- The AMVCA Nominees will be announced on a later date which will be communicated.
- The category winners will be announced at the AMVCA gala event in Lagos on the 1st September 2018.
- Any submitted drives must be clearly labelled with the movie title and producer’s contact details and can be collected 1 month after the nominees’ announcement from the following address: MSS Local Productions, 4 Industrial Street, Off Town Planning Way, Ilupeju, Lagos.
- For online submission support please consult the website www.amvca2018.com/