African Development Bank, AfDB Current Vacancies – 30 Positions available
African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
AfDB Current Vacancies – Positions title
- Country Manager – COCD
- Country Manager – MWFO
- Audit Assistant – PAGL0 09/07/2018
- Principal Quality Assurance Officer – SNOQ
- Principal Financial Management Operations Officer
- Capacity Development Officer – ECAD1
- Senior Competition Policy Officer – PITD.2
- Senior Financial Management Officer
- Division Manager, Sovereign – FIRM.1
- Regional principal legal counsel – public sector operations, policy and governance division – PGCL1
- Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer – RDGN2
- Senior Treasury Information Systems Officer – FITR0
- Transport Engineer – RDGW4
- Chief Interpreter (English) – CHLS2
- Chief interpreter (French) – CHLS2
- Senior interpreter (french) – CHLS2
- Chief Water Finance and Private Sector Investment Officer – AHWS.1
- Coordinator, Africa Water Facility – AHWS0
- Senior Rural Infrastructure / Irrigation Engineer – RDNG
- Principal Investment Officer / Renewable Energy / Energy Efficiency Specialist – PERN
- Senior Technical Assistance Officer – PINS1
- Security Assistant – PSEC
- Principal Transport Engineer – RDGE3
- Macroeconomist Local Professionnal (ECVP)
- Senior Treasury Risk Assistant
- Principal Environmental and Social Safeguards Officer
- Senior Disbursement Assistant
- Principal Global Client Management Officer
- Senior Agricultural Economist Officer
- Principal Protocol and Events Management Officer
Each of the above vacant position has its duties and responsibilities, application deadline, and selection criteria.
In order to view the eligible criteria for the position that interest you and how to apply, kindly visit https://www.afdb.org/en/about-us/careers/current-vacancies/
Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.
For of the AfDB current vacancies, the criteria and deadline of Country Manager – COCD is listed below
Application deadline for Country Manager – COCD: 8 August, 2018
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum of a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, International Relations, Political Sciences, Economics or another relevant field;
- A minimum of eight (8) years of extensive and progressive experience in country program operations in an international organization, including preferably three (3) years at a managerial or supervisory level;
- Senior level experience in macroeconomic management, especially in public finance and debt essential;
- Portfolio management experience and expertise as an economist would be an asset and a track record in Business Development and delivery a clear advantage;
- Solid knowledge and good grasp of the political economy, as well as the socio-economic and development issues in Africa specifically in the region of assignment;
- Excellent analytical skills, strong capacity to analyse actions from the perspectives of stakeholders and translate strategic thinking into compelling plan of action;
- High degree of personal commitment, interpersonal skills with proven communication, leadership, management, people management and supervisory skills;
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of different views, culture, nationality<, gender and age;
- Strong ability to cope with multiple demands and competing priorities under pressure;
- Demonstrated leadership in conducting country dialogue with other development partners, especially on the core areas of the Delivery and Business Development Model (DBDM) where the Bank has comparative advantage.
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language. (Knowledge of Portuguese for Lusophone Countries and Arabic for North African Countries would be an advantage)
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications and preferably, SAP.
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
You may like to read: High paying companies and MDAs in Nigeria