The 5th edition of the biennial African School of Fundamental Physics and Applications, ASP2018, will take place on June 24 – July 14, 2018 in Namibia.
Student application period is November 1, 2017 until January 31, 2018. The application must be completed online, with the following supporting documents:
- All university transcripts;
- A statement of motivation explain why you wish to attend this school and what you expect;
- One letter of recommendation from the Head of Department or from your Research/Thesis Advisor explicitly attesting that you a registered student in good standing and you are authorized to attend this school. To start the online application, please go here.
Incomplete applications will be discarded.
Selected students will receive travel coverage, accommodation and full board. Priority will be given to:
- African students with a minimum of 3-year university education in physics, mathematics, engineering or computer science;
- Students that did not attend any previous editions of ASP.
APS2018 program includes lectures, demonstrations, experimentation and hands-on tutorials in the following areas:
- Astrophysics and Cosmology;
- Nuclear and Particle Physics;
- Accelerator, Medical and Radiation Physics;
- High Performance Computing;
- Physics Education;
- Physics Communication;
- Renewable Energies and Energy Efficiency;
- Material Physics.
High school teachers can also apply for this program. A dedicated program is organized to train teachers for better and improved physics teachings. International experts design the program in collaboration with the local organizing committee (LOC) of the host country. The LOC is responsible to identify the teachers that participate in this program. Up to 80 teachers are accepted for an intensive program of one-week. The teachers program runs in parallel to the student program and designed such that the teachers participate in the ASP Forum and in parts of the ASP Conference.
For more information kindly visit the official page of African school of Fundamental Physics and Application https://www.africanschoolofphysics.org/