AKSU Post UTME and Direct Entry screening form for admission into 2020/2021 undergraduate programmes is out. AKSU Cut off mark is 160.
Akwa Ibom State University, AKSU hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates who chose the university as first choice for the AKSU Post UTME and Direct Entry Screening exercise for the 2020/2021 academic session.
AKSU Post UTME Eligibility
- ONLY Candidates who scored 160 and above in the 2020 UTME conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and Direct Entry (DE) candidates who made the Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU) their First Choice Institution, are eligible for screening.
- In addition, each candidate must possess at least five (5) credit passes including English Language at not more than two (2) sittings.
- Direct Entry candidates must be holders of OND/NCE/HND/First Degree/ A‘ Level in relevant discipline and subjects
UPLOADING OF O’LEVEL RESULTS:
- All candidates are to upload their SSCE results online through the University’s website (www.aksu.edu.ng/portal) from Monday, July 27, 2020 to Friday, August 21, 2020.
- Candidates are advised to ensure that their O’level results are also uploaded in JAMB Portal, appropriately.
- All uploaded documents must be clear and legible. Blurred or unclear documents will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Any candidate who fails to upload his/her results and other relevant academic qualification (original) will NOT be considered for admission by the University.
How to apply for AKSU Post UTME Screening
- The University portal will be opened for registration from Monday, July 27, 2020 to Friday, August 21, 2020. Candidates are required to register online for the screening exercise following the procedure below:
- Visit http://portal.aksu.edu.ng to generate Pre-Payment Analysis Slip, by following the steps below:
- Click on REGISTER NOW LINK in the Login Page
- Select PUTME/DIRECT ENTRY in the Registration-Type Panel and click on PUTME link.
- Enter your JAMB registration number and click VERIFY.
- On the right hand side of the page showing your details, select CLICK TO MAKE PAYMENT and print the pre- payment slip so generated.
- Proceed to the Bank with the pre-analysis slip and inform the Bank teller that you wish to make fee payment for Akwa Ibom State University Post-UTME screening using e-transact.
- The Screening fee is N2,000
- After payment, repeat steps 1 to 3 above. The payment status on the right side of the page should now show PAID.
- Click the “>” symbol at the extreme right hand side of the page to proceed with registration process.
- Complete the form and ensure you clearly scan and upload the following documents (with sizes not more than 100KB)
- WAEC/NECO/ NABTEB Certificate/Result as may be applicable. b. Certificate of origin.
- 2020 UTME result printout.
- 2020 JAMB DE printout (Direct Entry applicants only)
- Diploma,NCE or A-level result or certificate (Direct Entry applicants only).
- Print three (2) copies of Registration Slip from the portal. This will serve as your screening Photocard. It carries vital information such as the date and venue of your PUTME Screening.
- Candidates who do not register for the Post-UTME screening exercise would not be considered for admission.
- Applicants who did NOT choose AKSU or change to AKSU as their University of First Choice in the 2020 UTME or Direct Entry are NOT eligible for this exercise.
- On filling the application form, each applicant should endeavour to use his/her own phone number and valid e-mail address in order to receive timely alerts, messages and directives. Do not use those of a cyber café operator or any other third party.
- Misrepresentation/falsification of documents is a serious offence. Candidates are, therefore, advised to submit genuine documents only.
- No candidate with awaiting result will be offered admission in AKSU. Kindly upload your O’level results in AKSU and JAMB portals.
- Early commencement of registration is advised to avoid congestion close to deadline.
- AKSU portal for registration of candidates for the screening exercise will be closed on Friday, August 21, 2020.
- Candidates are strongly advised to adhere strictly to the guidelines stipulated above for successful completion of the online submissions.