Birthdays are usually an incredible moment for merriment, good wishes, and prayers. Friends and families tend to look for different ways to make the celebrant feel special and loved. One of how friends and families showcase their care towards the birthday celebrant is by giving gifts and sending sincere birthday prayers and good wishes messages.
These prayers and good wishes that were offered and sent to your loved ones during their birthday can make them feel special, loved and most significantly made them feel fulfilled about their life achievements so far and be thankful about your presence in their lives.
To make this celebration memorable, you may want to offer some prayer or wishes for them with your words of encouragement; however, it can be difficult coming up with something that will show how much they mean TO YOU on their big day!
Furthermore, birthday is a time to count your blessings, see how far God has helped you, and get the strength to make the most of the years ahead. Psalm 90:12 says, “Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”
How to Construct a Birthday Prayer or Wishes
1. Show the Celebrant that God Loves Them.
One of the best times to depict love is during birthdays. Children especially love that moment you mention the word “I love you.” However, it is also imperative to let them know the amount of love God has for them by saying “God loves you” or “Jesus loves you.”
2. Say a Thanksgiving Prayer on Behalf of the Person
Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate the blessings in the celebrant’s life, giving thanks to God for His unfailing love and mercy over the celebrants in the past years and all that the Lord will do in this new year of their life.
3. Say an Intercessory Prayer for the Birthday Celebrant
Sometimes the simplest things can be our greatest blessings. One of the simplest but effective birthday gifts is to stand in the gap on behalf of the celebrant, committing their new age to God in prayers and speaking positive things into the new age.
We have listed below various birthday prayers and wishes to celebrate your loved ones on their special day.
Best Birthday Prayers for a Friend from the Scriptures
1. Now may the God of the peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep… make you complete in every good work to do his will, working in you what is well-pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
2. The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift his countenance upon you, and give you peace.
3. For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
– Psalm 139:13-14
4. The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will rejoice over you with loud singing.
– Zephaniah 3:17
5. Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.
– 3 John 1:2
Best Birthday Prayers from the Heart
6. May the Lord grant all your wishes and keep you forever in good health all the days of your life.
7. As today is filled with happiness and joy, so shall your remaining days on earth continue to be filled with bountiful joy.
8. As you increase in age, may you continue to walk in the light and grace of God.
9. As you celebrate today, may the hosts of heaven join you in your celebrations and grant all your heart desires on this day.
10. This new year, may the Lord prosper you in every good works and cause your paths to be full of light.
11. As you blow out the candle lights on your birthday cake, so shall every sad moment and dark day be blown out in your life.
12. As you journey this new year, lines shall fall unto you in pleasant places.
13. May the glory of God continue to radiate in your life from this day henceforth.
14. Dear friend, as you celebrate the day your presence graced the earth, may your remaining days be celebrated in joy and not in sadness.
15. That special anointing that’ll make you stand out among your peer, God will release it upon your life on this special day.
16. On your birthday, I wish you all the happiness on earth, all the good things that will etch a smile on your face, and most especially the goodness of life.
17. As you celebrate today, you will have more reasons to celebrate the goodness of God in your life. And the celebration will be the order of your life.
18. As you embark on a new age, I wish you 365 days of happiness, 52 weeks of endless blessings and 31,536, seconds of endless smiles.
19. May the good Lord, in His infinite mercy, cause His face to shine upon you and direct your path in the next 365 days.
20. May God, who has made you see another year, give you the grace and strength to live through another 365 days, fulfilled and prosperous.
21. Just as king Solomon when asked of the Lord what he wanted, and he answered wisdom, I pray above all things for you today, that in his infinite abundance grant you wisdom and cause his presence to walk with you every day of your life.
22. I hope you have a very special day!
May this occasion be one where each year has more happiness than sorrow; may it fill your life with joy like none other can give.
23. Happy Birthday! I wish you all the best on this special day, as we celebrate together. May your celebrations be everlasting and filled with joyous memories that will last a lifetime.”
24. As you celebrate today, may it not be the last, may you live more years in good health and prosperity.
25. Birthdays are a time to celebrate the accomplishments of those who have been lucky enough to live. I hope you’re enjoying your day so far and that it will be another great year for you!.