Application is now open for Commonwealth masters scholarship at University of Malta for students from Nigeria and Ghana. The University of Malta is offering four Commonwealth and Valletta Action Plan Master’s Scholarships for applicants from Ghana and Nigeria, for courses beginning September 2018.
Number of scholarship: Four (4)
Host University: University of Malta
Scholarship Level: Masters
Scholarship worth: The scholarships provide tuition fees, a return flight up to a maximum cost of 1000 euros, health insurance, full board accommodation (which includes meals), and an additional living allowance for 200 euros per month.
Deadline: Monday 9 April 2018.
- The scholarships are open to citizens of Ghana and Nigeria
- You must be nominated by the vice-chancellor or International Office of an ACU member university in these two countries. Direct applications will not be accepted.
- Applicants must ensure they meet the enquiry requirements of the course for which they are applying. These requirements can be checked at the University of Malta website.
- These scholarships are available for both research and taught Master’s, areas of study on offer include International Relations, Geosciences, and Media and Communications.
How to apply
The application and nomination process
- Click on the scholarship link to download the application form Scholarship Link
Applicants must submit their application to the vice-chancellor’s office of their home university, attaching the following:
- first degree transcript and certificate
- high school certificates
- three letters of reference
- a copy of their passport / national ID card
- a research proposal, if applying for a research Master’s
Each university can then nominate up to two candidates to the ACU.
In order to nominate candidates, universities should submit a nomination letter and the candidates’ application documents (as listed above) by email to [email protected] by Monday 9 April 2018.
The final four successful applicants will be selected by the University of Malta from the shortlist of candidates nominated by ACU member universities in Ghana and Nigeria.
Who to contact
If you are a student, staff member or graduate of one of these universities and you are interested in applying, please contact your vice-chancellor’s office for details of how to submit your application.
Vice-chancellors and their staff should direct any queries about the nomination process to [email protected]
ACU Member University in Nigeria
- Adekunle Ajasin University
- Afe Babalola University
- Ahmadu Bello University
- Bayero University
- Covenant University
- Delta State University
- Ebonyi State University
- Ekiti State University
- Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta
- Federal University of Technology Akure
- Federal University of Technology Minna
- Gombe State University
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- Niger Delta University
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- Redeemer’s University (RUN)
- Rivers State University of Science and Technology
- University of Calabar
- University of Ibadan
- University of Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos
- University of Maiduguri
- University of Nigeria
- University of Port Harcourt
ACU Member University in Ghana
- Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration
- Kumasi Technical University (KsTU)
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi
- University for Development Studies
- University of Cape Coast
- University of Education Winneba
- University of Ghana
- University of Mines and Technology
- University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA)
- Valley View University