Application is now open for 2018 DAAD scholarship for In-Country/In-Region Scholarship at University of Nigeria.
The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), as a publicly funded, self-governing organisation of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes.
Scholarship Level: Masters and PhD
Application deadline: 28 April 2018
Field of study:
- Agricultural Bioresources Engineering
- Agricultural Sciences
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Social Sciences
Host University: It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with University of Nigeria, Nsukka by offering up to 8 In-Region and 2 In-Country scholarships for PhD and up to 13 In-Region and 3 In-Country scholarships for Master studies at University of Nigeria, Nsukka for the intake 2018.
Note: Candidates who wish to apply for DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Must first be admitted into University of Nigeria. Application procedure for admission for those wishing to apply for the DAAD Scholarship has been simplified as follows
- Have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (second class upper division)
- Clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- Have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- Have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Should generally be a) staff member of a public or private university, b) candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, c) from the public sector or d) DAFI-Alumni (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative)
How to apply
University of Nigeria, Nsukka will scre en, pre-select (according to DAAD selectioncriteria) and short-list the applicants. Click on the scholarship link for more info UNN Scholarship link
The Candidates should submit the following documents via email:
- Completed application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic Certificates or Statements of Result *
- Academic Transcripts *
- Brief description of the intended Research (Research proposal – maximum two pages).
- Two Referee reports from your University and/or Employer
For those applying for M.Sc. programme, only the Bachelor’s degree Certificate and Transcripts are required. However, for those apply for Ph.D. Programme both Bachelor’s and Masters Degree certificates and Transcripts are required.
Submit these documents to email@example.com
Copy: (1) firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of these documents is 10th April, 2018
Application fee is twenty-six thousand Naira only but this can be paid at the point of registration.
Pre-selected candidates are asked to log into the DAAD portal and register themselves and submit an DAAD application. The institution is requested to communicate the following information to the shortlisted candidates:
Register online via the DAAD-Portal (if not already registered): https://portal.daad.de
Apply online via the DAAD-Portal under the tab “Personal Funding“/“Application“
Documents to be submitted:
– DAAD application form duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal)
– Hand signed curriculum vitae
– Recommendation letter by university lecturers (Master 1, PhD 2)
– Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
– Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
– Copy of the passport or national identity card
PhD candidates have to submit the following additional documents:
– Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor
– Detailed and precise PhD proposal, including detailed work and time table (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
– Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of proposal)
Click DAAD Scholarship link for more details Click here