Government of Turkey Success Scholarships is currently ongoing and applications are now being accepted from suitably qualified undergraduate and postgraduate international students for its 2020 Success Scholarships.
The deadline for the submission of applications is 31st October, 2019.
Success Scholarship and Support Scholarship is for a limited number of international students who are currently registered in Turkish universities and who meet the eligibility criteria stated below.
A specific number of international students will be granted Success Scholarships provided that they receive education in Turkey and meet the necessary requirements.
Government of Turkey Success Scholarships Application Criteria
- Students must have a foreign citizenship. In case students hold dual citizenship, one of their nationality being the Republic of Turkey, they cannot apply to the Success Scholarship Program (Exchange students are not eligible).
- Students must complete at least one academic year (2 semesters) in undergraduate, graduate or PhD degrees in Turkey (including scientific preparation classes), and undergraduate students must have at least 3.00 (out of 4) GPA (Grade Point Average), while PhD students must score at least 3.5 (out of 4) in order to be eligible.
- Undergraduate students in Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy as an exception must have at least 2.50 (out of 4) GPA in order to be eligible.
- Students who will apply to the Success Scholarship Program must not be previously granted or currently benefitting from any other scholarship granted as per Turkey Scholarships (including State, Government Scholarships, and cancelled scholarships).
- Also, students must not be currently benefitting from a scholarship granted by any institution or organization.
Applicants eligible to Success Scholarship will receive the following monthly payments:
- ₺ 450 for undergraduate students,
- ₺ 600 for graduate students,
- ₺ 900 for PhD students.
How to Apply for Government of Turkey Success Scholarships
Documents Required for Application:
- Student Certificate with signature and seal received from registrar’s office after October 1, 2019 (Mandatory)
- Transcript with signature and seal received from registrar’s office after October 1, 2019 (Mandatory)
- Copy of a valid ID or Passport (Mandatory)
Students must apply to Success Scholarships online between October 15 – 31, 2019. Applicants must first open an account on Turkey Scholarships Application System (https://tbbs.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr) and enter their “Personal Information, Educational Background, Social Activities, etc.” in order to apply to Success Scholarship.
Students must provide all requested data for application; scan and upload requested documents to the system in a supported format (pdf, jpeg, etc.). Otherwise, applications will be considered invalid.
In case any error or mistake is detected in the information and documents submitted by students, their applications will be considered invalid. And in case such a mistake or error is detected after granting the scholarship, the total amount of scholarship paid to students will be collected as per the relevant legislations.
Success Scholarships cover only monthly scholarship payments for an academic year and these payments are made only in months (9 months) students continue their education.
For more information, visit the official page.