In this article, I will discuss how you can link your National Identification Number (NIN) with your MTN, GLO, Airtel, and 9mobile SIM.
All network operators in Nigeria have been directed to update their subscriber records so their National Identification Numbers (NINs) are captured.
All SIMs without NINs are to be blocked from the networks. And violations of this directive will be met by stiff sanctions, including the possibility of withdrawal of operating license.
The general public is hereby urged to ensure that their NINs are captured in their SIM registration data.
Here are some useful tips on linking your NIN to your SIM registration records.
Read: How to check NIN
How to Link your NIN to your Mobile Numbers using the NIMC Mobile ID App
- Learn how to obtain the app at https://nimc.gov.ng/mobile-digital-id/
- Open the app and log in with your security PIN.
- Tap on ‘My Devices’ button on the bottom right part of your dashboard on the app.
- Tap on ‘Add Mobile Number’ and input the mobile phone number you wish to link.
- Next input the OTP sent to that mobile phone number.
How to LINK NIN With MTN, Airtel, Glo, 9mobile SIM
You can link up to seven (7) mobile phone numbers.
Link your NIN to your Airtel Mobile Number
- You can dial *121*1# or visit https://www.airtel.com.ng/nin/
- You can also visit an Airtel service centre close to you.
Link your NIN to your MTN Mobile Number
- you can dial *785# or visit https://mtnonline.com/nin/
- You can also visit an MTN service centre close to you.
Link your NIN to your Glo Mobile Number
- SMS “UPDATENIN NIN FirstName LastName” to 109 or visit https://www.gloworld.com/ng/nin/
- You can also visit a Glo service centre close to you.
Link your NIN to your 9mobile Number
- you can dial *200*8# or visit http://www.9mobile.com.ng/nin
- You can visit a 9mobile service centre close to you.