Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Nigerian Institute of Journalism (NIJ) National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND), Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) and Special programmes for the 2019/2020 academic session.
This year application form for admission will close on Tuesday, July 30, 2019.
The Institution offers programmes leading to the award of diplomas in Mass Communication. These programmes are also available on part-time basis during weekends. The full-time diploma programme is of two year duration while the part time equivalent is three years.
- Candidate seeking admission into the institution National Diploma programme must possess WASC/SSCE/GCE O’ Level Certificate, NECO or equivalent with five credits including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings and must sit for UTME.
- The pre-requisites for admission into Higher National Diploma programme are as stated in (1) above. In addition, candidate must posses National Diploma with at least a lower credit grade in Mass Communication from a recognized polytechnic or institutions of comparable status.
Are NIJ graduates mobilized for NYSC? YES!! NIJ Grads are usually mobilized for NYSC. Like other graduates from universities in Nigeria, upon completion of the HND program, students who fall within the required age for NYSC and meet all other criteria are mobilized to serve in the National Youth Service Corps.
Eligibility for NIJ Post UTME – ND Programme
1. Have 5 O’level (WAEC/NECO) credits, including English and mathematics at not more than 2 sittings.
2. Prospective candidates are to sit and pass last JAMB’s UTME with the general cut-off mark
Nigerian Institute of Journalism ND Programme – Mass Communication
Candidate Eligible for NIJ HND Admission
1. Have a National Diploma certificate from a recognized institution with at least lower credit and 1 year post-ND industrial attachment experience.
2. Meet the requirements for entry level (that is have at least 5 credits in your O’level result in not more than 2 sittings).
Nigerian Institute of Journalism HND Programme – Mass Communication
Eligibility for NIJ Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) Admission
1. Have a good HND or University Degree in any discipline
2. Show evidence of participation in NYSC or exception letter
NIJ PGD programmes – Postgraduate Diploma in Print, Broadcast Journalism and Public Relations/Advertising.
Eligibility for NIJ Special Programme
The School runs specialised short-term courses for professional practitioners and intending practitioners in specialised areas of Mass Communication, Journalism and allied areas. There are such programmes as Photojournalism, News Writing and Reporting, Editing, Radio and Television Production amongst others.
How to Apply for Nigerian Institute of Journalism Admission
Interested persons should apply through the links to the registration portal: Application Portal