This is to invite candidates who have chosen Nasarawa State University, Kefi as their First Choice (UTME and DIRECT ENTRY) and scored the required minimum of 170 and Lower Credit for direct entry candidates for the 2018/2019 screening exercise. The exercise is scheduled to hold by 9:00 am on the dates stated below in the faculties in which the affected Courses/Programmes are offered.
How to register for Nassarawa State University (NSUK) Post UTME Screening
Registration for the screening exercise commences on Monday 30 July, 2018 and closes on Sunday 12th August, 2018. Applicants are required to pay the sum of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) only as screening fee. PAYMENT FOR THE SCREENING
Payment can EITHER be made via Remita using any acceptable debit card (Visa, Verve and MasterCard OR by printing the remita retrieval reference (RRR) slip and proceed to any of the banks on REMITA Platform.
PROCEDURE FOR PAYMENT
- Login to www.remita.net
- On who do you want to pay box; Type; NASARAWA STATE UNIVERSITY, KEFFI
- On what do you want to pay; Select; 2018/2019 POST UTME.
- Fill all Necessary details and proceed for payment. (Note: candidates are to come along with their RRR print out from the bank for confirmation).
Candidates need not travel to Keffi to make payment.
UTME and Direct Entry Candidates should please note that:
- They are to come along with their writing materials and Original UTME/Direct Entry Slip (including JAMB calculator)
- GSM Phones and other electronic devices are not allowed into the venue.
- Parents, Guardians and uninvited law enforcement agencies will not be allowed into the venue.
- NSUK is not liable for payment made into any other account other than the one provided.
NSUK Post UTME Screening Dates
(i) Administration, Agriculture, Education(Tuesday, 14th August, 2018)
(ii) Social Sciences, Environmental Sciences (Wednesday, 15th August, 2018)
(iii) Law/Arts ( Thursday, 16th August, 2018)
(iv) Natural and Applied Sciences (Friday, 17th August, 2018)
Candidates for Faculties of Administration, Arts, Education, Environmental Science, Law, Natural and Applied Sciences and Social Sciences are to report at Nasarawa State University Main Campus along Keffi-Akwanga Road, Keffi for the exercise on the stipulated dates and time indicated above, please.
Candidates for Faculty of Agriculture are to report at the Faculty of Agriculture, Lafia Campus on 14th August, 2018.
Any candidate who fails to appear for the screening exercise on the dates indicated above will not be considered for admission into the University during the 2018/2019 Session.
General Entry Requirements
- Five relevant credits in SSCE, SC, GCE O/L or TC II Merits or equivalent obtained at not more than two sittings (TC Merits is equivelent to O/L Credit).
- Two A/L passes plus three O/L credits in other subjects, at not more than two sittings or three A/L passes plus two O/L credits in two other subjects at not sittings; two merits, two passes at TC II plus two NCE Merits passes, including a major subject and Education.
- National or NSUK Diploma with Merit or Lower Credit grade, including at least four O/L credits in SSCE/GCE or relevant.
- Transfer candidates into classified degree programmes should have minimum CGPA of 1.50 and 2.40 for non-classified programmes.
- A credit in English Language at SSCE, GCE O/L or equivalent
- Merit in English Language in TC II examination.
- A Pass in the HSC, A/L General Paper, English Literature, or NCE General English.
- Credit in IJMB English Language.
- A student who is admitted to a programme of studies for a first degree without initially fulfilling the University’s general requirement in English language should fulfill it before graduation.
- A credit in mathematics is required for all science, Social/Management Science-based courses, except where it is stated otherwise.
- Credit grade in IJMB Basic Mathematics.
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination
- Applicant must write the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and attain an acceptable standard in the Use of English (compulsory) and three other subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out in the JAMB brochure.
- Prior to sittings for the UTME, applicants should have attained the age of sixteen (16) years or will have done so no the first day of October of the year of entry into the University.
- For a candidate, who has attained the acceptable standard in the UTME to be registered for course in the University, he must, in addition, obtain one of the following qualificatons:
- SC/GCE/O/L or equivalent with credits in five subjects relevant to the proposed course of study, and obtained at not more than two sittings
- TC II merit passes in at least five subjects (subject to Univesity requirement).
Note that TC II is not accepted in some courses.
- For admission into Arts, Business Administration, Education (Arts),Law and Social Science courses, the five subjects must include English Language. Candidates applying for Agriculture, Management Science and other science-based courses must have credit in Mathematics. Note: A matriculated students of any University is not eligible to sit for the UTME. Those who, for economic reasons, are transferring from foreign universities could however write the examination.