The Sasol Foundation is offering all-inclusive bursaries to talented individuals who are planning to study full-time towards an Undergraduate Degree to pursue Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) for applicants nationally. To be considered, you must be a South African citizen and have acceptance or provisional acceptance for studies at a South African public University or University of Technology for 2020.
The applications open 1 August 2019 and close 31 August 2019.
Eligibility Criteria for Sasol Foundation Undergraduate Bursary
- Be a South African Citizen.
- Must have acceptance or provisional acceptance for studies at a South African University or University of Technology for 2020.
- Combined Household Income must be less than 600 000 per annum
- Must have obtained a minimum of 50% in all subjects.
Non-STEM bursaries are reserved only for qualifying Children of Sasol Employees, Khanyisa/Inzalo Shareholders or Candidates from Sasol Fenceline communities.
Eligibility for Non-STEM bursaries
- Exclusively for qualifying children of Sasol employees
- Sasol Khanyisa/Inzalo shareholders as well as applicants from Sasol fence line communities.
- You must be a South African citizen and have acceptance or provisional acceptance for studies at a South African public University or University of Technology for 2020.
- In addition you must be a child of a South African permanent Sasol employee, have a Khanyisa/Inzalo share certificate or have proof of residence in our fence line communities.
Sasol Foundation reserves the right to select qualifying individuals based on academic perfomance, household income, acceptance to University/University of Technology as well South African Citizenship.
Please note that applicants who are pursuing Grade 12 in 2019 must submit their final Grade 11 results. All other applicants may submit end of year results for 2018 or for whichever year they have completed Grade 12. Applicants who are enrolled at a Higher Learning Insititution may use the end of 2018 results to apply.
How to apply for Sasol Foundation Undergraduate Bursary Programme
- Kindly visit https://sasolbursaries.com/welcome
- Click on “register” below to start your application
- The final selection will prioritise financially needy and academically competitive candidates.
- Selected individuals must be willing to go through and Interviews as well as psychometric assessments
- Please note that applicants who are in Grade 12 in 2019 must submit the Grade 11 final results. All other applicants may submit end of year results for 2018 or whichever year they have completed Grade 12. Applicants who were enrolled at a Higher Learning Insititution may use the end of year results to apply
The Sasol Foundation bursary is a comprehensive bursary which includes the following:
- 100% of the prescribed university tuition fees, registration fees and exam fees.
- An amount equal to the average rate for accommodation in a standard single room at a university residence, at the university at which the Sasol bursar is studying. This rate is determined by Sasol Foundation in conjunction with the university.
- An amount for meals based on three meals per day, as determined by the university.
- An amount for book and pocket money