Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship is out for students who participated in 2021 UTME. This initiative is in continuance of our goal to support dreams and aspirations of Nigerian youths as we have been doing over the years through various activities such as Youth Leadership Series (YLS), Higher Institution Football League (HIFL) and so on.
The scholarship, aimed at encouraging hard work and academic excellence among Nigerian undergraduates, comes with a total value of N40 million.
The deadline for the submission of application is 30th November 2021.
Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship Eligibility
- The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship by Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC is only available to Applicants who:
- reside in Nigeria and participated in the 2021 University Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
- have a score of 200 and above in JAMB
- have gained admission and have been properly enrolled in a Nigerian Federal or State University (“University”) with relevant evidence
- The Scholarship is awarded on the basis that you will maintain an enrolled status at the University in your admitted degree programme
- The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship does not apply to employees of Stanbic IBTC and/or their immediate family members, where there are entries by employees of Stanbic IBTC or their immediate family members, it will not be rewarded.
- Stanbic IBTC reserves the right to decline participation in the Scholarship for any applicant at their discretion.
Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship Selection Criteria
- The Scholarship will only be awarded to 100 Applicants spread across the 36 States of the federation and FCT with a minimum of 2 Applicants per State.
- The Scholarship will be offered on a first come, first serve basis until the 100 slots are allocated.
- Scholarships will only be awarded to applicants that follow the instructions and meet all the eligibility criteria.
- Winners will only be contacted through the valid email address they provide.
Applicants who plan on studying courses related to the “Future of work” will be an added advantage (for example Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, IT and so on). Where an Applicant applies more than once/multiple times, they shall still be entitled to only one Scholarship slot. The decisions of Stanbic IBTC are final in all matters relating to the Scholarship.
To retain your scholarship, successful applicants must:
- Maintain an enrolled status in their respective Universities in the Degree programme they were admitted for
- Adhere to the academic and administrative polices of the University and annually provide a Letter of good conduct issued by their respective department
- Maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of second class upper (a CGPA of at least 3.5 in a CGPA system of 5 points, at least 3.0 in a CGPA system of 4 points, at least 4.6 in a CGPA system of 7 points). Evidence of same must be provided at the beginning of every academic year before scholarship payment can be made.
- Meet any other additional criteria which would be communicated to you through email
- At the end of each academic year for the duration of your scholarship, you will be asked to provide a report detailing how the scholarship funds have been spent. It is the responsibility of the Successful applicant to provide this report at the specified time advised by Stanbic IBTC. Failure to return reports by the specified time, without reason, may result in future payments being withheld.
Kindly note that the successful applicants would be entitled to this Scholarship for a total period of Four (4) years from the day of acceptance, notwithstanding the length of the degree programme. The Scholarship shall be paid at the beginning of every academic year subject to the terms and conditions contained herein.
Stanbic IBTC may terminate your scholarship if:
- You withdraw or transfer from your programme of study,
- You are suspended or excluded from the whole or part of the University or your programme.
- You are expelled from the University.
- You have made any misrepresentation (whether negligently or intentionally) to us either in respect of applying for the Scholarship or during the course of and in connection with your studies at the University
- You have acted fraudulently or dishonestly in connection with securing your Scholarship or place at the University.
How to Apply for Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button.
- Fill the required details, attach requested documents and submit
- Successful Applicants will be notified only via email.
- Where an applicant applies on more than one platform or submits multiple entries/applications, they shall still be entitled to only one Scholarship slot.
The following documents are required for upload to apply for the scholarship.
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Valid ID Card
- UTME Result
- O’Level ( WAEC, NECO or GCE) Statement of Result or Certificate
- JAMB or University Admission Letter
For further enquiries, please send an email to UniversityScholarship@stanbicibtc.com