Application is now being accepted student in their first- or second-year full-time undergraduate for the Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program.
The deadline for application is Monday, November 18, 2019, at 5 p.m. Tunisia time.
As a part of the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program, the 2020-2021 Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program, a program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and supported in its implementation by IREX, provides opportunities for young studentsfrom Tunisiastudying at ISETs (Institut Supérieur des Études Technologiques), IHET (Institut des Haute Études Touristiques), and ISSATs (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie) who wish to improve their vocational skills by spendingone academic year studying at accredited U.S. community colleges with the goal of earninga professional certificate in eligible fields of study from their U.S. institution.
Participants may submit U.S. transcripts to their home institutionfor review upon completion of the program to determine if the credits are transferrable.Participants will attend accredited community colleges and will live in on-campus housing (dormitories)or in off-campus housing. Participants may not choose their U.S. host institution.
For the 2020-2021Academic Year the following fields of study are eligible:
•Business Management and Administration
•Tourism and Hospitality Management
Tunisia Community College Scholarship Eligibility
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by US law.
Competition for the Scholarship Program is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- Is a citizen of Tunisia;
- Is currently residing in Tunisia;
- Is currently enrolled as a first- or second-year full-time undergraduate (Licence) student in good academic standing at the time of application at an ISET (Institut Supérieur des Etudes Technologiques), IHET (Institut Supérieur des Etudes Touristiques), or ISSAT (Institut Supérieur des Sciences Appliquées et de Technologie);
- Has a demonstrated record of academic excellence;
- Is able to receive and maintain a US J-1 visa;
- Is committed to returning to Tunisia after completion of the program;
- Is able to achieve a TOEFL score of 500 (PBT); and
- Is at least 18 years old by July 1, 2020.
FINANCIAL PROVISIONS OF THE GRANT
- J-1 visa support;
- Round-trip travel from participant’s home city to host institution in the United States;
- Accident and sickness coverage;
- Tuition and mandatory university fees;
- Room and board (housing and meals);
- Small incidentals allowance;
- Limited allowance for books;
- A wide variety of alumni networking and training opportunities.
Tunisia Community College Scholarship Application Instructions
The application must be completed online. Applicants must fill out all required sections of the application and provide contact information for two references. Reference 1 and Reference 2 must be completed by two different individuals who can speak to your suitability as a potential scholarship recipient.
Complete copies of all application materials must be received together in one package as per the application instructions by Monday, November 18, 2019, at 5 p.m. Tunisia time. Only complete applications, which include a complete application form with two complete reference forms, will be forwarded to the selection committee.
For additional information, kindly visit the official link