University of Medical Sciences, UNIMED Pre-Degree Application Form 2019/2020 is out for sale. The portal will be opened for the pre-degree application form from July 4, 2019.
University of Medical Sciences, UNIMED is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Pre-Degree Science Programme (PDSP) of the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo (UNIMED) for the 2019/2020 session, commencing in September, 2019.
The Pre-Degree programme is full-time and will run for one (1) academic session of two (2) semesters between September, 2019 and July, 2020. It is an intensive programme aimed at preparing candidates for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Post UTME towards admission into the 100 level degree programme of UNIMED and other universities.
The courses of study are the Universities Matriculation Examination (UME) subjects which include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
Application Deadline: All completed online application forms with the required relevant documents should be submitted online not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Qualifying Examination Date: Candidates are requested to check the University website www.unimed.edu.ng for the date of qualifying examination and for further details.
Admission requirements for UNIMED Pre-degree
i.) Candidates should possess five Credit passes in WASC, NECO or GCE at not more than two (2) sittings in relevant subjects of Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Candidates interested in MBBS and BDS programmes must have the required 5 credit passes at only one (1) sitting.
ii.) Candidates with awaiting results must obtain the 5 Credit passes in relevant subjects before completion of the Pre-Degree programme.
iii.) Eligible candidates shall be invited for a Qualifying Computer Based Test (CBT).
Available programmes for UNIMED Pre-degree
FACULTY OF CLINICAL SCIENCES
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
FACULTY OF DENTAL SCIENCES
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
- BSc. Anatomy
- BSc. Biochemistry
- BSc. Physiology
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
- BSc. Microbiology
- BSc. Animal and Environmental Biology
- BSc. Plant Biology and Biotechnology
- BSc. Chemistry
- BSc. Medical Physics
- BSc. Physics Electronics
- BSc. Mathematics/Computer Sciences
FACULTY OF ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES
- BNSc. Nursing Science
- BPT Physiotherapy
- BMLS Medical Laboratory Science
How to apply
1. Prospective candidates are to visit the University website on www.unimed.edu.ng, click on admissions, Pre-Degree Progamme and duly follow the instruction to print the e-transact invoice.
2. Pay an application fee of Fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) excluding bank charges on e-transact in any bank on the e-transact platform.
3. Upon confirmation of payment, candidates are to complete and print the Pre-Degree Science Programme (PDSP) Application Form online after payment by logging on to www.unimed.edu.ng and click on the online PDSP Registration Portal.
4. Submit the Online application form and print out a copy of the Examination Schedule slip.
For you to be offered admission into 100 level:
1. Candidates are expected to sit for the UTME and obtain the minimum JAMB cut-off mark for the University admission and other Departmental pre-requisites.
2. Candidates are also expected to pass the two end of semester examinations and score a minimum overall average grade of 50% at the end of the programme.
Related Article: OAU JUPEB application form