Application is now open for Zawadi Africa scholarship 2018. The Zawadi Africa Education Fund is a program designed to provide scholarships to academically gifted girls from disadvantaged backgrounds from Africa to pursue higher education in the U.S.A, Uganda, Ghana, South Africa and Kenya.
Deadline: April 6th, 2018
Nationality: For female students from Uganda, Ghana, South Africa and Kenya
- To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, the following criteria must be met
- A girl who has completed her secondary school examination e.g.The Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE)
- Has demonstrated academic excellence (A Plain or A Minus)
- Has demonstrated leadership qualities e.g. in school as a prefect, in the community, church, leadership in peer related activities etc.)
- Has overcome insurmountable odds such as serious financial challenges, oppressive social-cultural practices such as early marriages and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) etc. in order to attain academic excellence
- Come from a financially disadvantaged background
- Has demonstrated clear financial need
How to apply
If you meet the above criteria, please download our Zawadi Africa Application form 2018 Click here to download the application form
Other instructions on Zawadi Africa scholarship 2018
- If you meet the above criteria, ensure that you complete every part of this application form. Your application will only be considered if it is completely filled.
- Attach a one page biography and a passport photo. The biography should be TYPED and highlight your family and educational background, your aspirations, financial status, as well as hobbies and activities that you have undertaken while in school and in your community.
- Attach a 500-650 word essay on ONLY ONE of three topics listed on page seven.
- Attach a copy of your high school leaving certificate and K.C.S.E result slip as well as copies of high school certificates that show your involvement in extracurricular activities and leadership related initiatives.
- Attach a signed recommendation letter from your class teacher or head teacher.
- Attach a copy of your birth certificate and your National Identity Card (if you have one).
- Attach a letter from your local chief confirming his knowledge of your family and yourself. The letter should preferably be written on a government letter headed document.
- Any false statements, omissions or forged documents will lead to automatic disqualification.
9. Submit a Hard Copy of this application form and the required supporting documents on or before the deadline