All universities in Nigeria accept combined results i.e. WAEC and GCE, WAEC and NECO, WAEC and WAEC, NECO and NECO, etc. results. However, if you are using two sittings you must have six credit passes in your result against five (5) credit passes if you are using one sitting.
There are exemptions to the above statement. There are courses you can’t study with combined result in some universities.
Universities or Courses that accept Combined Results (Two O’level Sittings) For Admission
For example, it is stated clearly in JAMB Brochure that for Medicine and Surgery
- UNN accepts Physics with Chemistry (as a single subject) for Physics and Chemistry. UNN requirements should be at one sitting.
- ILORIN requires five O Level credit passes at only one sitting and minimum score of 240 in JAMB examination.
- UNIBEN, UI, IMSU, ABSU, EBSU, UNIOSUN, COOU, DELSU and BOWEN require the O level Credit passes at one sitting.
- UI Same as in Medicine and Surgery.
- NDU requires the five ‘O’ level credit passes in not more than two sittings.
- UNN and UYO – Requirements in not more than two sittings.
Nursing and Nursing Science
- All Universities accept two sittings except AAU
- UI requires 5 ‘O’ level Credits passes at one sitting or six ‘O’ level subjects at 2 sitting to include English. Language, Lit-in-English any other subjects from Arts, Social Sciences or Science.
- UNILAG requires the Five O’ Level credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics and Lit. in
- OAU requires Five “O” level credit passes to include English Language and Literature in English.
- ABUAD requires five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Maths, Literature in English and two other subjects from Arts or Social Science at one sitting.
- NDU requires five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Maths, Literature in English and any other two subjects in not more than two sittings.
- BOWEN requires five ‘O’ level credit passes to include English Language, Literature in English and three other Arts subjects at not more than two sittings.
- CUAB requires Five (5) O’ level credits passes in English Language, Literature in English, Government and Economics at not more than two sittings in WASCE, GCE and NECO. Candidates with a pass in Mathematics may be eligible for admission.
- UMYUK requires five credit passes at SSCE(or its equivalent) in English Language, English Literature and any other three Social Science or Arts subject with a pass in Mathematics in not more than two sittings.
Engineering and Sciences
All Universities allow you to use 2 sittings meaning that you can combine. There is no exemption according to JAMB.
Accountancy/Business Administration/Public Administration/Marketing/Insurance
It is only UNIOSUN that has a little clause and it given below:
(a) For Accounting
Five ‘O’ level credit passes at not more than two sittings in subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics and Economics to form the core subjects, with credit in any of the following: Geography, Government and Accounting at one sitting.
(b) For Business Administration
Five ‘O’ level credit passes at not more than two sittings in subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics and Economics to form the core subjects, with credit in any of the following: Geography, Commerce, Government, Accounts and Book-keeping at one sitting.
Recommended: How to use JAMB CAPS to check admission status
I hope I have been able to provide answers to your question(s). And if you have any other question(s), kindly leave a comment.