Will Universities/JAMB Accept Awaiting Result 2023?
This article is intended to provide answers to some of the questions candidates who are seeking admission into Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education do ask. Few of the questions among many others are:
- Does JAMB accept awaiting result?
- List of Universities that accept awaiting result?
- Can I gain admission with it?
Dr. Fabian Benjamin who is the head of information of JAMB had made the decision of the board known to the public that henceforth no student will be admitted into any institution with awaiting result. The reason why JAMB made this decision is that many institutions have admitted candidates on merit only for them to discover that such candidates do not have qualified O’levels results. And this has denied other candidates opportunity to gain admission.
However, there is a need to break the decision of JAMB down a little bit for better understanding. Most students who seek answers to the above questions are in a dire situation. One of the situations is that the date NECO result do come out late and the JAMB admission window don’t really support it. This do affect students who are waiting for NECO results.
Admission window into Universities and Polytechnics in Nigeria do open around August and ends January of the following year. The time NECO will release results may not be favorable for candidates to upload when registering for Post UTME screening.
However, there is a solution. According to JAMB, NECO is put into consideration i.e. JAMB will not wait for NECO but will be flexible. Once the result is out, they can send it to us. This looks interesting!
Moreover, some universities like University of Ibadan (UI), OAU, etc. gives students opportunity to select “awaiting result” when registering for Post UTME and given a day to complete and regularise their registration once your result is out.
According to the information I got from the admission office and from my past experience with UI’s admission, there is always a room to update your result on the portal. However, this must be done before the Post UTME screening test is conducted.
Recommended: JAMB course eligibility checker
Read this information from UI undergraduate admission portal and OAU website.
This is also to inform candidates who changed course to login to the Admission Portal, update their O’level subjects and print out a new copy of ‘Evidence of Completion of Bio-data Form’.
OAU will not consider candidates with outstanding “Awaiting Results” at the end of the Post UTME Screening Exercise. NOTE: Candidates with Awaiting Results have a window of grace to complete and regularise their registration.
Furthermore, it is advisable to contact the admission office of your preferred institution for more clarification and advice. The admission office is widely open to all candidates for information.
- The era of institution offering an admission without you having the required O’level is gone. This means that your result must be available before you can be given admission. Most schools now use O’level result as part of the overall point for admission. However, there may be a consideration for candidates with awaiting result once Post UTME screening test has not been conducted by the school.
- All Universities, Polytechnics, and Colleges of Education accept awaiting result once the Post UTME screening test has not been conducted i.e. before the registration portal is closed.