Medicine and Surgery direct entry admission requirements is one of the top questions that needs urgent answer by candidates who did IJMB, JUPEB, A level, and finshed OND from Nigerian polytechnics.
And because of this urgent question, I have decided to write on the direct entry admission requirements for medicine and surgery in Nigeria.
General DE Admission requirements for Medicine and Surgery
- ‘A’ level passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology in addition to the UTME requirements.
- BSC, BOS, etc in relevant programme.
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology
Special consideration for DE requirements for Medicine and Surgery
- ABSU – all candidates no matter their mode of admission are required to have ‘O’ level or its equivalent with credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology at one (1) sitting.
- ABSU, AAU and OOU accept Degree in related programme.
- UNIABUJA requires DE candidates to fulfil the UTME requirements.
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) accepts
- at least three (3) ‘A’ level passes not more than C or a minimum of 12 points in Biology or Zoology, Physics and Chemistry at not more than one (1) sitting.
- at least a Second Class Upper Division from a recognised University in either B.Sc Biological Sciences or B.Sc. Medical Sciences.
- BINGHAM and PHC – No Direct Entry
- BSU, IMSU and LASU accept a good Honours degree minimum of Second Class Upper in relevant programme.
- University of Calabar (UNICAL) accepts Degree not below a good Second Class Lower Division in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Nursing Science, Medical Laboratory, Biology, Zoology or Chemistry. Does not accept IJMB for Direct Entry.
- EBSU accepts B.Sc Second Class Upper Division in any Biological Science plus ‘0’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics at one (1) sitting.
- UNILORIN accepts B.Sc Second Class Honours in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Physiology, Zoology and other Basic Science programme. Also accepts a minimum aggregate of 13 points.
- University of Ilorin accepts minimum aggregate of 13 Points. Accepts B.Sc. Second Class Upper Division in Anatomy, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Physiology, Zoology.
- UNIJOS requires DE candidates to fulfill the UTME requirements.
- UNILAG accepts
- JUPEB/‘A’ level passes in Physics Chemistry and Biology.
- B.Sc. first class/second class upper in programmes such as Physiology, Biochemistry, Physiotherapy, Ophthalmology, Pharmacology and Zoology.
- LASU requires a minimum of C in each of the subjects and will consider a Bachelor of Science with a minimum of second class upper division.
- LAUTECH accepts ‘A’ level passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology plus the UTME requirements to be considered for admission into 200 level.
- NDU accepts
- ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry, Biology and Physics with a minimum of 10 points at not more than two (2) sittings.
- a B.Sc. with a minimum of second class upper division in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics and Botany.
- OAU accepts B.Sc. with a minimum of second class upper division in relevant programme (Sciences).
- OOU and UNICAL accept degree in Science not below Second Class Lower Division.
- UDU, MAIDUGURI and EBSU accept ‘A’ level pass in Mathematics in lieu of Physics.
- UNIOSUN accepts
- a minimum of 10 points in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology at ‘A’ level or equivalents.
- first degree in relevant Biomedical Sciences Medical, paramedical, Biological, Chemical or Physical Sciences with not less than second class upper division.