This article is about the list of courses offered in Eko University of Medical and Health Sciences (EkoUNIMED), Ijanikin, Lagos State and admission requirements.
EkoUNIMED is a specialized, privately owned, medical, non-sectarian, and co-educational institution.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- BSc. In Human Anatomy
- BSc. In Medical Biochemistry
- BSc.in Human Physiology
- BSc. In Pharmacology
The duration for MBBS is 5 years for Direct Entry and 6 years for UTME applicants. All other courses are 3 years for Direct Entry and 4 years for UTME applicants.
Read: EkoUNIMED School Fees
General Admission Requirements
- All candidates must have a minimum of five (5) credit passes in the SSCE/GCE ‘O’ level through WAEC/NECO (or equivalent recognized by the university) in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics and at not more than two (2) sittings for Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences.
- Candidates shall satisfy any additional criteria with respect to suitability including an interview
Below are the Specific admission requirements for all the courses offered at Eko University of Medical and Health Sciences.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Graduates from Universities recognised by EkoUNIMED in Basic Medical Sciences, Nursing
- Sciences, Physiotherapy, Biological Sciences, Zoology (B.Sc. 2nd Class Lower Division) Or
- GCE A-level / HSC passes in Biology/Zoology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics, (Good A-
- level passes)
- JUPEB (Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board) passes in Biology, Chemistry,
- Physics/Mathematics (Good A- level passes).
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
- Science Graduates from Universities recognised by the institution (At least, B.Sc. 2nd Class
- Lower Division)
- NCE at credit level, ND and approved equivalents with at least Lower Credit in relevant fields.
- GCE A-level/ HSC passes in Biology/zoology, chemistry and Physics / Mathematics
- IJMB (Interim Joint Matriculation Board), JUPEB (Joint Universities Preliminary Examination
- Board) passes in Biology, Chemistry, Physics / Mathematics, Or other Foundation Programmes
- recognised by the institution.