UNIBEN Postgraduate Form for application into various postgraduate programmes in the institution for 2018/2019 is out online
UNIBEN Postgraduate Form 2018/2019 – University of Benin, UNIBEN invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the various Postgraduate programmes of the institution leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree and Ph.D in the various Faculties/Schools/Colleges of the University of Benin.
Click here to download the UNIBEN Postgraduate programmes and requirements.
Application deadline: 31st August, 2018.
- A Candidate for postgraduate studies in the university of Benin must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents,) A credit pass in Maths and English is required.
- Four credits of Ordinary level plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes.
- A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. In addition, all holders of 3rd class degree must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Masters programmes.
- Candidates who obtained Master’s degree but with Weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55.0-59% can only be considered for admission into the M.Phil programme in the first instance.
- A candidate applying for the Ph.D in any programme of the University of Benin must have obtained a weighted average score of 60% or letter grade ‘B’ average in the Masters degree.
- A candidate applying for the PhD with a Master’s degree from any other University who in his/her Master’s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to the ones in the University of Benin shall on admission be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60% or letter grade ‘B’.
- Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate can be allowed to clear into the different courses.
Transcripts form UNIBEN Postgraduate admission
- Candidates should request their former Universities/Institutions to forward their academic transcript(s) to the “Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies”, to reach him not later than 8 weeks from the date of this publication.
- Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the school shall not be processed
Referees Reports for UNIBEN Postgraduate form
Candidates should request their referees to mail reports on them directly to email@example.com or the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
Note: students are advised to always check the address/telephone when applying.
How to Apply for UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission
- Candidates are to purchase application forms online with valid VERVE OR MASTER ATM BANK CARD from any commercial bank in Nigeria for the sum of N20,000.00 (Twenty thousand naira only).
- The Application form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter printed out from the UNIBEN portal at myuniben.org
- Candidates are expected to download Referee and Transcript Request Forms from the website and ensure that these forms are clearly filled with all information required, and send to Postgraduate School.
- Any Application Form not properly filled will not be treated.
- Candidates are to visit the website from 8th June 2018.
What to note when applying for UNIBEN Postgraduate form
- Multiple applications will jeopardize your chances for admission.
- Please do not proceed with the application if you have already made a previous on-line application. Please note your “APPLICATION NUMBER” carefully. This uniquely identifies your application and must be used subsequently for identification (login) and to resume any unfinished application.
- Your application must be accompanied by a clear scanned photograph of yourself (Full face frontal poses with both eyes visible, without any glasses, head or ear covering. The full face pose must cover 70-80% of the photo with a RED BACKGROUND. Your photo must be scanned at a minimum resolution of 100x100dpi and a maximum resolution of 150x150dpi. Picture can be saved in any of the following formats: JPEG, PNG or Bitmap). Please note that you will be disqualified if your picture does not meet the above specification.
- Successful payment reference number will be sent to the email address provided. You will always need your reference No: to continue a saved application.
- After submitting your application online, ensure that you print a copy of the application for your records.
Only candidate given admission into the various Pg programmes are to proceed to pay the total amount of Non-Refundable Acceptance fees itemised below.
Bank/Portal Charges – 5,000.00
Admission clearance – 23,000.00
ICT Levy – 6,000.00
Development levy – 15,000.00
MTN Net Library – 1,000.00
Total – 50,000.00
Note: Acceptance fee must be paid before candidates can be cleared.
Related Article: UNILORIN Postgraduate admission form