Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Postgraduate Programmes of the Federal University of Technology, Akure for the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
It is worth mentioning that our admission policy reflects 60% undergraduate and 40% postgraduate supported by highly qualified academic staff.
FUTA runs Postgraduate Programmes leading to the award of the following
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D)
- Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.) (Architecture and Computer Science only), Master of Agricultural Technology (M. Agric.Tech.), Master of Engineering (M. Eng.) and Master of Technology (M. Tech.)
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
FUTA Postgraduate Admission Requirements
(i) Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- A first degree in the relevant discipline.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) of at least Lower Credit level or its equivalent in the relevant or related discipline.
- Professional qualifications acceptable in the University, such as ACA, AIB, ACCA, ACIS, or equivalent for the Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science only.
(ii) Master of Agric. Technology/Master of Engineering/Master of Technology(M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech.)
- A good Bachelors degree of at least Second Class Lower Division of The Federal University of Technology, Akure, in the appropriate discipline.
- A good Bachelors degree from other recognized Universities, in the appropriate discipline.
- Higher National Diploma of at least Lower Credit level and in addition, the candidate must have a Postgraduate Diploma (at Upper Credit level) in the appropriate discipline.
(iii) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D)
- A good Masters degree in the appropriate discipline with a CGPA of 3.50 and/or 60% minimum average score.
- Any other qualification approved by Senate.
Duration of programmes
(i) Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- Full-Time students shall normally spend between eighteen (18) and twenty-four (24) months.
(ii) Masters Programmes M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech./Professional
Students shall normally be required to spend between eighteen (18) and twentyfour (24) months.
(iii) M. Phil. Programme
- Students shall normally be required to spend between eighteen (18) and twentyfour (24) months.
- A candidate may transfer from M. Phil. to Ph.D programme after completing the course-work and fulfilling all other approved requirements.
(iv) Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) Programme
- Full-Time candidates may defend their theses between thirty-six (36) and sixty(60) months.
- Part-Time candidates may defend their theses between forty-eight (48) and seventy-two (72) months.
Note: Applicants are no longer required to present O’Level results for postgraduate admissions into the University.
How to apply for FUTA Postgraduate programmes
Application forms for postgraduate programmes are sold for N20,000.00 (Ph. D), N20,000.00 (Masters), and N20,000.00 (PGD) only.
- On the PG Portal landing page https://spgsportal.futa.edu.ng/, click on the link for “Application payment”
- Select all fields appropriately and click on “Get Payment Invoice” to generate and download the RRR invoice
- To Make payment with the RRR invoice generated, you can either pay online through remita.net or visit any bank to pay through Remita platform
- To pay online, please follow these steps
- Visit www.remita.net, click on “Bills and Purchases”
- Select “Pay RRR Invoice”
- Enter the Remitta Retrieval Reference (RRR) code from the invoice generated earlier and click on “Continue” to make payment
- After payment, go back to the PG Portal and click on “Payment Verification” to verify the payment
- After payment verification, you will be required to create your login details to start filling the application form
- Fill the form step by step
- Upload all necessary details and Notification of result/Certificate
- Submit the application online
- Ensure your have filled all details, then click on “CLOSE APPLICATION” to finally submit your form
- To proceed to the Application form page, click on “Click here to Proceed”
- Specifically, Ph. D candidates should send their Research Proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org using surname_school/dept.doc e.g. Ojo_sos/che.researchproposal
- Non–FUTA graduates should ensure that the official transcript from their Institutions is directed to the address below using the transcript label in the application form and indicating the target Department of study) latest six (6) weeks from the date of this advertisement: