The UNILAG Postgraduate Form for 2020/2021 academic session is out for all candidates who are interested in applying to the school.
Latest Updates: The School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos – University of First Choice and the Nation’s Pride, a leading, reputable first generation institution for postgraduate education and research in Africa, situated in the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria, hereby extends the sale of application forms for suitably qualified candidates from recognized institutions for admission into the 2020/2021 session from Friday, 14th August 2020 to Friday, 9th October 2020.
UNILAG Postgraduate Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (PGD)
- Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. M.Sc, M.Ed, M.A, LL.M, etc.)
- Professional Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. MBA, MLD, MLR, MPH, MOSS, MPIA, MPA, MGIS, MSEM, MRPP, MDF, MHOM, MPE, MDM, MTTFL, etc.)
- Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes
There is flexibility in the mode of study with Full-Time, Part-Time, Executive and Sandwich options as applicable.
Read before applying: UNILAG PG Courses and Requirements
How to apply for UNILAG Postgraduate Admission
Guides on how to apply for UNILAG postgraduate form are given below:
- Sale of Application forms commences on Monday, 25th April, 2020 and ends on Sunday, 9th October 2020
- Completed Application forms are to be submitted online not later than Sunday, 21st August, 2020.
- Visit the School of Postgraduate Studies University of Lagos portal http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng/, Click the 2020/2021 Application link
- Confirm availability and your eligibility of the desired course
- Complete the “Application Form” link and select the postgraduate option from the Application Type menu
- Proceed to make payment of the sum of N22,500 (Twenty Two Thousand and Five Hundred Naira Only) for the form and charges through any of the below options:
- A Remita payment: Any commercial bank using the RRR number displayed on the payment advice
- B Online payment: Click the Paynow link to make payment directly on the portal with your bank debit card
- After payment, return to the School of Postgraduate Studies website http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng/ click the 2020/2021
- Application link, then “Continue Application” link, login with Payment Reference Number and provide surname in lowercase as password
- Complete the Application form and upload digital passport photograph (jpeg format) which should not be more than 15KB in size and must be on a white background. The acceptable dimension is width: 275 pixels or 35mm, height: 314 pixels or 40mm. (Failure to comply with specified image format may lead to disqualification)
- Click “SUBMIT FORM” button if the information is correct, else, click DECLINE button (CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO COMPLETE THE FINAL SUBMISSION ONLY AFTER THEY HAVE FULLY COMPLETED THE FORM. PLEASE NOTE THAT EDITING OF APPLICATION FORM AFTER FINAL SUBMISSION ATTRACTS A N1,000 CHARGE)
- After submission, applicants will be required to print and laminate the ‘Examination Pass” one week to the entrance examination date (this will be required as a means of identification at the examination venue)
UNILAG PG Applicants should note the following
- Candidates are advised to read carefully the requirements for their desire programmes to confirm eligibility
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results and Nigerian citizens who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments or are currently undergoing Postgraduate programmes are not eligible
- Holders of Degrees obtained from Outreach/Satellite campuses are not eligible
- Every applicant is required to upload all certificates listed in the application form, such as: Degree Certificates (Not statement of Results), NYSC Certificate, Professional Certificates
- All Academic Transcripts must reach the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of registration
- All M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant Departments for availability of Supervisors/vacancies before applying
- Please check for the dates of Qualifying Examinations/Interviews on the website of the University of Lagos, School of Postgraduate Studies (from 28th August, 2020)