The application form for admission to Sule Lamido University (SLU) is on sale for the 2023/2024 session. SLU offers wide range of programmes for those interested. So, interested applicants can apply through the school’s portal.
SLU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
A candidate seeking admission into a Postgraduate Diploma programme must possess a qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a first degree (at least 3rd Class Degree or higher) or a Higher National Diploma (at least Lower Credit) or its equivalent (provided the university matriculation requirement is satisfied). Such a candidate should have the relevant post-qualification experience as may be prescribed from time to time. However, OND plus a professional qualification and HD are not equivalent to HND.
Masters’ Degree Programmes
A candidate seeking admission into the Academic Master’s Degree Programme must hold:
- A minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) Degree with a CGPA not below 2.75 on the scale of 0.00 – 5.00 of Sule Lamido University, or any other recognized University (provided the university matriculation requirement is satisfied) in the relevant area.
- A minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) with a CGPA of 2.40 – 2.74 on a scale of 0.00 – 5.00 of Sule Lamido University Kafin Hausa or any other recognized university and a Postgraduate diploma with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 (Merit) on a scale of 0.00 – 5.00 (provided the University Matriculation Requirement is satisfied) in the relevant area.
- A Postgraduate Diploma with a minimum of CGPA of 3.50 on a scale of 0.00 to 5.00 and a HND with Upper Credit from any recognized institution.
- Any other qualifications deemed by the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate to be equivalent to (i), (ii) or (iii) above.
PhD Degree Programmes
A candidate who seeks admission into the degree of the Doctor of Philosophy Programme must hold an academic Master’s degree of Sule Lamido University or any other recognized University and satisfy the conditions in (i) to (iv) above. The CGPA of the Masters Programme should be at least 3.50 on a scale of 0.00 to 5.00.
How to Apply For SLU Postgraduate Admission
- Kindly visit https://admissions.slu.edu.ng/pg/Begin your journey by applying to your chosen programme and specialization (where applicable). Make sure to fill out the application form accurately. Note that your email and phone number will be used throughout your application.
- Make the necessary N20,000 payment for your application to proceed. This step is crucial for the processing of your application.
- Fill in your personal, and contact details accurately. Your profile information is vital for your application evaluation.