This page discusses the list of courses offered at Sule Lamido University (SLU) and the admission requirements for UTME and Direct Entry candidates.
The University is a state owned university licensed by the NUC. The academic structure of the Sule Lamido University comprising its academic units and academic programs are established in line with the Benchmark Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS) approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
Courses 0ffered at Sule Lamido University
- BA. (Ed) English
- B.Sc. (Ed) Biology
- B.Sc. (Ed) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Ed) Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Ed) Physics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Biology
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons) Computer Science
- B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Physics
- B.A. Hons (History and International Studies)
- B.A. Hons (Islamic Studies)
- B.A. Hons (Arabic)
- B.A. Hons (Hausa)
- B.A. Hons (English)
SLU Admission Requirements
The minimum admission requirements for programs of the Faculty are as follows:
Level 100 (UTME) Admissions
- A candidate shall have an acceptable score in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) with the correct subject combination.
- Candidates must meet the SLU Cut off mark
- A candidate may also be required to sit for a Post UTME screening examination to be conducted by the University and obtain an acceptable score for the program applied for as may be set by the University Senate from time to time.
- A candidate shall possess the SSCE/GCE/TC II or equivalent with credit passes in five subjects, at least three of which shall be in the relevant area, obtained in not more than two sittings including English Language.
Level 200 (Direct Entry) Admissions
- A candidate for direct entry admission shall apply only through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- A candidate shall possess at least one of the following qualifications obtained from recognized institutions that are licensed to run them:
- A two-year recognized diploma in the relevant area with a minimum of a good Lower Credit or equivalent.
- A two-year recognized diploma plus a one-year advanced diploma in the relevant area with a minimum classification of Lower Credit or equivalent.
- The National Certificate of Education (NCE) with a minimum of 8points in the relevant subjects.
- The Interim Joint Matriculation Board Advanced Level Examination (IJMBE) with a minimum of 8 points in the relevant subjects.
- Any other qualification deemed equivalent to these by the Senate of the University.
In all cases, an O’ Level Credit in English Language shall be required.