Are you seeking for AUN admission and interested in knowing the number of courses offered in the school? Then this article is for you to put you through all the details you need to know about the courses and the admission requirements of American University of Nigeria.
American University of Nigeria offers number of courses that lead to a Bachelor of Arts (B.A), Bachelor of Science (B.Sc), Bachelor of Engineering (B.Eng.), or the Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree.
- Accounting (BSc)
- Business Administration (BSc)
- Chemical Engineering (B.Eng)
- Communications and Multimedia Design (BSc)
- Computer Engineering (B.Eng)
- Computer Science (BSc)
- Economics (BA)
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering (B.Eng)
- English Literature & Languages (BA)
- Entrepreneurship & Management (BSc)
- Information Systems (BSc)
- Natural and Environmental Sciences (BSc)
- Petroleum Chemistry (BSc)
- Politics and International Studies (BA)
- Software Engineering (BSc)
- Systems Engineering (B.Eng)
- Telecommunication Engineering (B.Eng)
- Telecommunications & Wireless Technology (BSc)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB Honors)
AUN Admission Requirements
- Students must possess a minimum Jamb score of 160 or JAMB’s yearly official cut off score to be considered for admission at AUN.
- Five (5) credits, including English Language and Mathematics, on no more than two SSCE sittings, or an equivalent from a country that requires other types of exit exams or standardized tests. Exceptions, if any, are made on a case-by-case basis.
- The minimum admission requirements for Engineering and Technology disciplines should be passed at credit level in the Senior Secondary School final year examination or GCE ‘O’ Level in five subjects including Mathematics, English Language, Physics and Chemistry.
- Candidates are also required to have an acceptable pass in UTME. It is also desirable for candidates to have Further Mathematics and Technical Drawing at credit levels. Such candidates shall have added advantage.
- Candidates seeking admission into the Bachelor of Laws (LLB Honors) program must in addition possess a credit in Literature-in-English.
- Having the above scores and grades does not guarantee admission into the University. The above-mentioned requirements only qualify you for admission consideration and not necessarily acceptance. Students’ applications are carefully scrutinized, and those accepted are the ones with the highest scores and qualifications in the applicant pool.
- JAMB scores, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, IGCSE etc. scores and SS1, SS2 & SS3 transcripts assess an applicant’s overall performance and are the basic factors in the decision.