Enugu State University of Science and Technology, (ESUT) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into its School of Postgraduate Studies for PGD, PGDE, M.Sc, M.Phil, and Ph.D programmes of the University in the under-listed Faculties and Departments.
ESUT Postgraduate Courses
1. FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES
i. Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
ii. Department of Agronomy and Ecological Management
iii. Department of Animal/Fisheries Science and Management
iv. Department of Food Science and Technology
2. FACULTY OF APPLIED NATURAL SCIENCES (FANS)
i. Department of Applied Biology and Bio-Technology (Parasitology)
ii. Department of Applied Micro-Biology and Brewing
iii. Department of Geology and Mining
iv. Department of Industrial Chemistry
v. Department of Industrial Mathematics and Statistics
vi. Department of Industrial Physics
vii. Department of Computer Science
3. FACULTYOF EDUCATION
i. Department of Education Management
ii. Department of Adult Education
iii. Department of Guidance and Counseling
iv. Department of Library and Information Science
v. Department of Health and Physical Education
vi. Department of Science and Computer Education
vii. Department of Technical and Vocational Education
4. FACULTYOF ENGINEERING
i. Department of Agricultural and Bio-Resource Engineering
ii. Department of Chemical Engineering
iii. Department of Civil Engineering
iv. Department of Computer Engineering
v. Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
vi. Department of Mechanical and Production Engineering
vii. Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
5. FACULTYOF ENVIRONMENTALSCIENCES
i. Department of Architecture
ii. Department of Estate Management
iii. Department of Geography and Meteorology
iv. Department of Quantity Surveying
v. Department of Urban and Regional Planning
6. FACULTYOF LAW
i. Public and Private Law
ii. Business Law
iii. International Law
iv. Community/Property Law
v. Criminal Law
vi. Constitutional Law
vii. Environmental law
viii. Family Law & Law of Evidence
7. FACULTYOF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
i. Department of Accountancy
ii. Department of Banking and Finance
iii. Department of Business Administration
iv. Department of Co-operative and Rural Development
v. Department of Insurance and Risk Management
vi. Department of Mass Communication
vii. Department of Marketing
viii. Department of Public Administration
8. FACULTYOF BASIC CLINICALSCIENCES
i. Department of Pharmacology
9. FACULTYOF CLINICAL MEDICINE
i. Department of Community Medicine
ii. Department of Surgery
10. FACULTYOF BASIC MEDICALSCIENCES
i. Department of Community Medicine
ii. Department of Bio-Medical Technology/Engineering
11. FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES AND HUMANITIES
i. Department of Economics
ii. Department of Political Science
iii. Department of Psychology
iv. Department of Sociology and Anthropology
v. Institute of Peace, Conflict and Development Studies
ESUT Postgraduate Admission Requirements
ESUT Postgraduate Diploma Admission Requirements – PGD
Basic Admission Requirements
- All candidates must have five credit passes including English, Mathematics and two other relevant science subjects at ‘O’ Level.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree From an approved University must obtain a minimum of pass degree in the relevant science discipline.
- Holders of HND in relevant programmes from approved institutions with a minimum of upper credit may also be considered for admission.
ESUT Master of Science Admission Requirements – M.Sc
The criteria for admission into the masters programme (M.Sc.) will be as follows:
All candidates must have five credit passes including English. Mathematics and two other Relevant science subjects at ‘O’ Level.
Academic Master’s Degree Programme
Academic Master’s Programmes qualify candidates for higher degrees while professional programmes are terminal.
- Candidates with bachelor’s degree from an approved university must obtain a minimum of second class lower division with a CGPA of 3.0/5.0 for an academic programme.
- Candidates with at least a third class Degree or HND and university PGD with CGPA of 3.0/5.0 may be considered for admission into academic Master’s Degree Programmes.
Professional Master’s Degree Programmes
- Candidates for Professional Master’s Degree Programme must obtain a minimum of second class lower division.
- Candidates with university Degree in Third Class or HND plus a university PGD at credit level pass, (i.e. CGPA of 3.0/5.0) or 50% on weighted percentages average may be considered for admission into professional Master’s Degree Programmes.
- All candidates must demonstrate adequate intellectual capacity, maturity and effective decision making and problem solving potentials.
ESUT Doctor of Philosophy Admission Requirements – Ph.D.
Basic Admission Requirements for Doctorate Programmes
Candidates for Ph.D. admission must satisfy the following conditions:
- Candidate must have five credit passes including English, mathematics and two other relevant science subject at O’ Level.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree from approved universities must obtain a minimum of second class lower Division with a CPGA of 3.0/5.0.
- Candidates must have Academic master’s Degree in relevant areas with a CGPA of 4.0/5.0 and thesis scored not lower than 60% (B).
- Candidates must demonstrate adequate intellectual capacity, maturity and effective decision making and problem solving potentials.
All applicants must meet the NUC minimum admission requirement as stipulated in the NUC Postgraduate benchmark. Please visit www.esut.edu.ng for details.
How to Apply for ESUT Postgraduate Admission
- The forms are available online on the portal www.esut.edu.ng and cost N20,000 only. For payment platform visit https://portal.esut.edu.ng/ and generate the application invoice
- Applicants should arrange for their transcripts to be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu State, Nigeria: E-mail: [email protected]