The NCDMB Annual National Undergraduate Essay Competition is sponsored by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) to promote academic excellence and Nigerian Content to encourage the youths to build local capacities and competencies for effective participation in Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry.
Essay Topic: “Nigerian Content and the Lessons from Covid-19 Pandemic”
NCDMB Essay Competition Prizes
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- N1,000,000 for 1st place,
- N700,000 for 2nd place,
- N500,000 for 3rd and
- All top 10 finalist will receive a laptop.
- This contest is open only to 100-200 level students in Public and Private Universities in Nigeria.
- Entrants must submit either a letter of admission or a signed Letter of Attestation from his / her Head of Department (HOD).
- All essays must be original works specifically written for the competition.
- Co-authorship of essay is not permitted.
- Entrants are to submit only one entry.
- The competition opens on the 24th of July 2023. Completed manuscripts and accompanying documents must be submitted to www.ncdmbessay.ng on or before 28th AUGUST, 2023. Late manuscripts will not be considered. Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted. (Register on Website First)
- Manuscripts must not exceed 1,500 words.
- Current contact information of each entrant including phone number and email address MUST accompany the manuscript.
- Entrants’ names shall not appear on the manuscript, but on a separate title page to be removed when a number is assigned to the entry.
- Shortlisted entrants will be contacted for the virtual interactive assessment to defend their submitted essays.
- Essays will be judged based on: Clarity of Expression, Spelling and Grammar, Originality of thought, Depth of Analysis, Relevance to Industry, and Conformity to Contest Rules.
- All essays will be subjected to plagiarism check (software application) to determine originality.
How to Enter NCDMB Essay Competition
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking here:
- Successful Top 10 Finalists will be notified by the 11th September, 2023.
- The award/prize giving ceremony comes up 20th September, 2023
- Do not include your personal details inside the ESSAY CONTENT i.e. your email, phone number, address, name, University and state or else it will be disqualified.
- The winning essay will be published in the NCDMB’s in-house magazine, Local Content Digest.