NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition application is on and applications are being accepted from eligible Nigerian undergraduates studying in one of its partner universities for its 6th Annual Scholarship Essay Competition. Winner will be awarded, Laptop, N100,000 (hundred thousand Naira) plus a year of paid tuition.
The deadline for final submission of applications is 28th May, 2021.
The Nigeria Higher Education Foundation (NHEF) is pleased to announce the 6th Annual Scholarship Essay Competition. We are challenging students to think critically and strategically about change and how they can effect change in Nigeria.
The 2021 Essay Topic theme is Human Capital Development.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the focus of this edition of the competition is “The Role of Digitl Technology in the Nigerian Higher Education System“
Using a case study or example, provide a solution(s) to address the challenges of human capital development in Nigeria.
NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition Benefits
- Grand Prize winner of the 2021 Essay Competition will be awarded a ₦100,000, Laptop with a year of paid tuition, 1 online certificate course, 1-year internet subscription
- The First Runner-up will be awarded a cash prize of ₦75,000 plus tuition fee, 1-year internet subscription
- The Second Runner-up will be awarded ₦50,000 plus tuition fee, 1-year internet subscription
- All students at any NHEF Partner University are qualified to participate in the essay contest.
- NHEF Partner Universities include Ahmadu Bello University, Bayero University (Kano), University of Ibadan, University of Lagos, University of Nigeria (Nsukka), and University of PortHarcourt.
- Class of 2019 NHEF Scholars are not eligible to participate in this competition.
- Students enrolled in their penultimate year are third-year undergraduates of a 4-year degree program or fourth-year undergraduates of a 5-year degree program. NHEF will verify enrolment of each contestant with the University Registrar.
How to Enter NHEF Scholarship Essay Competition
All essays must comply with the following contest rules before submission:
- Only one essay may be submitted per student;
- No literary form other than an essay will be accepted;
- The essay must reflect the contestant’s ability to explore and discuss ideas and ethical concepts;
- The essay must demonstrate the conduct of research and a sufficiently detailed summary;
- The essay must be 2000 words maximum, double-spaced, (12pt Times New Roman), and numbered pages with one-inch margins excluding bibliography & title page;
- Submitted essay must include a Title Page, a Bibliography and a scanned copy of the contestant’s current student ID;
- Naming convention is as follows: 2021 NHEF Essay Competition – Name of Applicant e.g., 2021 NHEF Essay Competition – Adekunle Ciroma Ahmed
- The student’s name, university, and registration ID# must appear in the header section of each page;
- References in the essay should be included and clearly identified;
- Entries must be submitted in PDF format;
- All entries must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. (WAT) on May 28, 2021.
Students are encouraged to study rules on how to avoid plagiarism, as the essays will be checked for intellectual authenticity.