Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) is now accepting entries for its 2020 World Maritime Day Essay Competition.
The deadline for submission of entries for the NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition is 3rd April, 2022.
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) is organizing an Essay Competition to commemorate the World Maritime Day and to create awareness of the tremendous potential and opportunities in the Maritime Sector in Nigeria and indeed Worldwide.
The World Maritime Day is formally celebrated by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and by Member States and other entities throughout the world.
Essay Competition Topic
The topic is ‘SEAFARERS: AT THE CORE OF SHIPPING’S FUTURE‘ in line with the theme of the 2021 World Maritime Day.
NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition Prizes
- 1st: N500,000 Education Grant plus a laptop & a plaque + Publication of the winning essay in NIMASA’s magazine, The VOYAGE & the NIMASA website
- 2nd: N350,000 Education Grant plus a laptop & a plaque
- 3rd: N250,000 Education Grant plus a laptop & a plaque
- 7 Consolation Awards of N100,000 Education Grant each & a plaque
- The essay competition is open to only Year 1 and Year 2 students of Nigerian tertiary institutions
- Participants are required to scan bona fide proof of studentship alongside their essays. Proof should include letters of admission and identity cards of the institution
- Essays should be maximum of 1,200 words (+ or – 10%) double spaced in MS Word and font size 12
- Plagiarism will not be accepted
- Essay should end with the name, telephone number and e-mail address of the participant
- Essays that do not follow the guidelines will be disqualified
How to Enter NIMASA World Maritime Day Essay Competition
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should send their Essays to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Essays submitted after the deadline will not be considered
- Only successful participants will be contacted
- Presentation of Prizes & Awards will be notified within two weeks after the deadline
- Prizes & Awards will be presented at a date to be announced.