Sir Ahmadu Bello undergraduate scholarship is out for Nigerian students for 2022/2023. As part of its commitment to the advancement of education in Northern Nigeria, the Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation (SABMF) annually awards scholarships to 200 undergraduates and Higher National Diploma students of Northern Nigerian origin attending accredited public universities and polytechnics in Nigeria.
Each successful candidate will receive the scholarship award for the duration of an academic session. Renewal is contingent upon a minimum “CGPA equivalent to Second Class Lower Division” for university students and “Upper Credit” for polytechnic students.
Applicants of Northern States background who have begun their studies at 100 level (via JME), 200 level (through Direct Entry), and HND 1 programme during the 2020/21 academic year are welcome to apply.
Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
- Offer of admission into a full-time degree or HND programme in a public university or polytechnic
- Satisfy the minimum requirement for registration in the institution and the department or faculty as a full-time student
- Credit in 5 “O”level papers including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
- Must be an indigene of any of the 19 states of Northern Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory (Evidence of State of Origin will be required)
- Must not be more than 25 years of age by the date of entry into the university or polytechnic
- Note that meeting these eligibility criteria would not guarantee the award of the scholarship which is subject to availability and the student’s ranking in the selection exercise. Any falsification of information at any stage will result in the withdrawal of the scholarship.
- Only candidates who were admitted into science and technology courses in public universities and polytechnics are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply for Sir Ahmadu Bello Memorial Foundation Scholarship
Interested and qualified candidates should send all Application documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a screening exercise during which they will be required to present the following:
- 3 passport photographs (each measuring 2 inches x 2 inches)
- Certificate of State of Origin/Indigenization
- Birth Certificate
- JAMB Certificate
- JAMB examination result
- Original copy of admission letter from JAMB and the Institution
- Evidence of fees payment and faculty/departmental registration
- Valid Student Identification card
- WAEC or NECO senior secondary school examination result(s)
- Semester result(s)
- A letter of reference from a Community leader
- Completed Parent/Guardian Attestation Form B
- Personal Contact details (including email address)
- Alternative phone numbers
- Contact details of Next of Kin (including email address).
- Interested and qualified candidates are required to apply online
- Incomplete applications will not be processed
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Names of successful candidates will be published in a national daily and on the Foundation’s website
- Applicants who have already been awarded scholarships under other schemes will not be considered.
Deadline: Not specified.