How To Prepare And Pass WAEC In One Sitting With As

Passing WAEC or GCE with straight As isn’t as difficult as some students see. I wrote GCE when I was in SS2, and most of my friends and schoolmates then did the same. I had six credits, including Mathematics (A1), English (c6), further mathematics (B2), etc. I have prepared students for WAEC and GCE, with the majority having nine credits with As and Bs in all the subjects they wrote without stress.

I used the same method I applied when I wrote the exams sixteen years ago to teach my students. I know you are here to get tips on acing WAEC in one sitting. I will explain my method to most of my recent students who sat for GCE in SS2 and had As.

I have noticed that there are strategies that straight A-students use to ace any exam. And if you want to enlist in such ranks, you must study and follow their approach.

6 Preparation Strategies

There are courses you can’t study if you don’t have credits in WAEC in one sitting: courses like Medicine and Surgery. The reason is that the number of students who applied for those courses is high. Therefore, one of the ways to reduce the number of applicants is to make WAEC or GCE requirements in one sitting.

Don’t panic

The fear of WAEC is one of the reasons why students fail the exam. You have to remain confident in yourself and your ability to pass the exam. One of the things to do to boost your confidence level is when you start preparing for the exam early.

Early preparation helps you cover more relevant topics than late preparation. Late preparation can increase your stress level and eventually lead to poor performance.

Source for past questions on various subjects you want to write

This will give you a hint of how WAEC questions are structured. This method helped me in chemistry back then. I understood the practical, theory, and objective chemistry questions. I could detect areas where WAEC likes to focus much on through the trend of the past questions I have studied. Therefore, this made me focus on the most important areas and made my reading productive.

Go through recommended textbooks

Go for recommended textbooks that explain better and can hasten your understanding. A textbook helped me with the practical aspect of chemistry back then. I read the practical book, and I did very well in chemistry. Moreover, textbooks are needed to understand some questions you might be having difficulty answering. Once you can understand it, it has become part of you.

Ask your teachers about how WAEC allot marks

I remember that when I wrote my GCE back then, my teachers told me how WAEC allot marks. For example, practical physics, chemistry, and biology take 40% of the total mark, while the theory and objectives take the remaining 60%. Knowing this will help your preparation. Moreover, some of your teachers are WAEC examiners; they are familiar with the dos and don’ts of WAEC. So take their words seriously and note any area they ask you to note. They are instruments that can guide you to success.

You must read instructions before you answer any question

For example, in mathematics, some questions belong to other countries, so don’t attempt questions that are not meant for you.

Work hard

Success is for those who study hard and give their best. There is no shortcut to success than to work hard and be studious.

Read: Facts about WAEC Upgrade

Mathematics in waec is divided into objective (50 questions) and theory (divided into sections A and B). Your success in waec mathematics begins if you can score a minimum of 35 out of the 50 questions in the objective. You also need to make sure that you answer correctly 3 questions out of the 5 compulsory questions in section A of the theory. The same is also applicable for section B.

There are certain topics you need to master in the WAEC syllabus (MATHEMATICS): Algebra, simultaneous equation, probability, statistics, inequality, set, circle geometry, word problems, indices, etc.

Bolarinwa Olajire

A tutor with a demonstrated history of working in the education industry. Skilled in analytical skills. Strong education professional with a M. SC focused in condensed matter. You can follow me on Twitter by clicking on the icon below to ask questions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button