Are you seeking admission into Ibadan Poly? If yes, I will provide you with all the information needed to gain admission into the Polytechnic Ibadan.
The Polytechnic, Ibadan was established in 1970 as a successor to the erstwhile Technical College, Ibadan under the provisions of a principal Edict cited as the Polytechnic, Ibadan Edict 1970.
So the academic programmes and regulations have been carefully drawn up to enable academic staff and students know what is expected of them.
The first thing you have to do is to ensure that you have the required requirements for SSCE or NABTEB. It is required that you have a credit pass in English and Mathematics plus other 3 subjects related to your course of study.
For instance, if you want to study electrical/electronic engineering at Ibadan Polytechnic, you must meet the following subjects’ requirements
Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and any two subjects from:
- Biology/Agricultural Science
- Technical Drawing
- Basic Electronics/Basic Electricity
- Auto Mechanics
- Metal Work
- Woodwork (for Civil Engineering Tech.)
- Further Mathematics
- English Language
For Marine Engineering and Industrial Safety & Environmental Engineering a pass in Biology is required. At least a credit pass in English Language is required.
UTME Subjects: Use of English, Mathematics, physics, Chemistry/Technical Drawing.
In addition, such candidate must meet Ibadan Poly cut off mark.
General Entry Requirements for Ibadan Poly ND candidates
- Every applicant must score at least 150 in the last examination conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) in order to be eligible.
- Applicants must have a minimum of five (5) O/L Credit Passes in WASC, SSCE, NECO and GCE ( maximum of two sittings allowed)
- The candidate must possess compulsory credit passes in English Language and Mathematics in SSCE in order to be qualified for admission.
General Entry Requirements For HND Candidates
- Candidates for Higher National Diploma must have with them at least a lower credit (CGPA) of 2.50 in National Diploma in relevant ND Programme.
- In rare cases, candidates with pass grade and a minimum of two years post qualification experience in their chosen field might be considered for admission.
- Twelve (12) months of supervised industrial experience, minimum.
- Must have 5 credit passes in O-Level subjects relevant to their desired fields in not more than two sittings.
- A transcript is required from candidates for admission into every HND programs in the institution especially prospective applicants from other institutions.
Kindly note that Ibadan Poly do accept ND result of other polytechnics so far it is recognized by NBTE and meet the required admission criteria.