This article gives you the List of Institutions Offering Fashion Designing/Textile Engineering In Nigeria. Fashion Design, Texile and Polymer industries are one of the profitable industries in the world. And because of the growing trend in fashion, textile materials are on a high demand.
To operate these industries and maintaining a high quality, there is a need for smart, ambitious and expert in this sector. Therefore, a number of universities, Polytechnics, and vocational institutes have opened departments which offer Fashion Design and Clothing Technology, Textile and Polymer Engineering, and a lot of related courses for aspiring applicants in Nigeria.
Below are the list of Institutions Offering Fashion Designing/Textile Engineering In Nigeria
Universities offering Texile and Polymer Engineering
- Federal University of Technology Owerri
- Nnmadi Azikwe University
- Ahmadu Bello University (offers the course as textile science)
Polytechnics offering Fashion Design and Clothing Technology
- Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo State
- Benue State Poly, Ugbokolo, Benue State
- Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Anambra State.
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu State
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna State
- Kano State Polytechnic, Kano State
- Kalac Christal Polytechnic, Sango-Tedo, Lekki, Lagos State.
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Kazaure, Jigawa State.
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku, Isele-Azagba Road, Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State.
- The Ibarapa Polytechnic, Eruwa, Oyo State.
- Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos State.
Jamb subject combination: English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics
For Universities: Five SSCE credit passes to include Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, English Language and any other Science subject.
For Polytechnics: Home Economics/Technical Drawing and any four (4) of the following: Fine Art, History, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science, Mathematics, Clothing and Textiles, Literature in English, English Language, Home Management. At least a credit pass in English Language is compulsory.
List of Fashion Schools
The fashion schools below are vocational training institute for training in fashion
- Ginani Fashion Academy Lagos State
- Valisimo Fashion School Lagos State
- UGLO Fashion Abeokuta
- Istituto di Moda Burgo Nigeria Lagos
- Fashion & Art Academy
- Glamour Institute of Fashion Textile and Craft Lagos
- Nobel Afrik Fashion Academy Lagos
Related Article: How to start selling tailoring material in Nigeria