In this article, I will be discussing JAMB direct admission in Nigeria Universities. This is an attempt to let you know the requirements and the admission guidelines for you to secure your dream course and institution in Nigeria.
Firstly, I will give answers to some of the questions that applicants seeking admission through Direct entry do ask. And some of them are:
- What is direct entry admission?
- Does direct entry require jamb?
- Can I write Jamb and still collect Jamb Direct Entry at the same time
- Can I use awaiting result for direct entry?
- Does direct entry write post Utme?
- How to check direct entry admission status
What is Direct Entry Admission?
JAMB Direct Entry is mainly for those that already possess a diploma certificate and wishes to go for a degree programme in the university. Normally, those who gained admission into the university via direct entry will start from part 2 or 200 level in their university of choice provided they were offered admission. This means, those that seek admission through this means are offered admission into 200 or 300 level depending on the school of your choice.
Does Direct Entry Require JAMB?
If you are seeking admission through DE, you don’t need to write JAMB UTME. The only thing you need is OND or HND or Cambridge A level or JUPEB result to qualify you for admission. However, you need to purchase Direct Entry form from JAMB to process your admission.
Said differently, Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is an exam meant to test applicants for 100 level admissions. For DE candidates, who are proposing 200 level admissions instead, they’re not to write JAMB exams.
Can I write Jamb and still collect Jamb DE at the same time?
Yes, you can write JAMB and still collect DE form. There is no law by the board forbidden DE candidates from collecting UTME form.
There is important information disclosed by the board to DE candidates. It reads “applicants can now “upgrade” their UTME forms to that of Direct Entry instead of purchasing the two forms if they equally have the qualifications for Direct Entry Admission into any of the universities.”
Can I use Awaiting Result for DE?
This depends on the University your Choice and the admission window. Some universities do accept awaiting result while some don’t. However, most schools will still accept awaiting result if the DE registration form hasn’t closed.
It is possible to purchase direct entry form and fill in awaiting result but you will have to get the result available before the registration for the school of your choice closes.
You may want to read about Direct Entry requirements for admission.
Does Direct Entry Write Post UTME?
The answer is Yes or No but depends on the school you choose. DE candidates do not write post utme is schools like UI, UNILAG, etc. while schools like FUTA do conduct post UTME for candidates applying through DE. The best thing is to search for the previous admission year of the school to get an idea whether you will write PUTME or not.
For example, you can search for ABU Zaria direct entry registration and exam date to check whether the school conduct PUTME for her DE applicants.
How to Check Direct Entry Admission Status
You have to follow the simple steps below to access your status.
- Visit https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility_/ preferably using a PC or chrome browser on mobile.
- Login with the credentials( email and password) you created your jamb account with.
- After successfully logging in, click on the options button ( the button with 3 dash) at the top of the page.
- You’ll see CAPS under the tag ‘Admissions’. Click on it and you’ll be taken to the CAPS page.
- If the page only shows ‘welcome’, do not be discouraged. Just click on options on your mobile’s browser and change the view of the page to ‘desktop view’. This is why it’s preferably to use a PC.
- You’ll see some options listed at the left-hand side. Click on ‘Admission Status’.
- It’ll then bring your details.
- If you’ve been admitted, you can either ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’.