The NECO BECE Registration form for Junior WAEC 2020/2021 will be on sale from 16th December, 2019 to Thursday 16th April, 2020.
Schools (centres) are to register their candidates using the offline application before login in. The following are the approved fees for the examination and other related items:
- Registration fees – 4,000.00 Naira (Mandatory fee)
- Late Registration – 1,000.00 Naira per candidate – (Mandatory fee)
- Re-Sit Exam – 1,000.00 Naira per subject per candidate
- Correction of Name – 2,500.00 Naira per candidate
- Unviable Fee – 10,000.00 Naira (for centres that registered less than 20 candidates)
The 2020 BECE registration will be both OFFLINE and ONLINE. There is no more manual registration for. The manual registration entries have been replaced with offline entries of candidates’ registration data.
Kindly note that the BECE Timetable for JSS3 examination has been released by the Board.
NECO BECE Registration Eligibility
Principals/Commandants of schools are hereby informed that only candidates in their final year of Junior Secondary School i.e. (JSS 3) are eligible for registration. For the avoidance of doubt, the 2020 NECO BECE is meant for only school-based candidates in Nigeria and overseas. Principals/Commandants of schools and State Ministries of Education should endeavor to enforce the eligibility condition.
How to Register for BECE (JSS 3)
- The offline registration application could also be downloaded from the Council’s website www.neco.gov.ng
- All payments should strictly be made through the NEC portal. Upon successful payment, registration quota is allocated according to the amount paid into the NECO TSA
Procedure For Upload of Candidates’ Data
The procedure for upload of Candidates’ data online is as follows:
- Connect your computer to the internet
- Launch the offline application
- Click on “Payment and Upload” button
- Click on “check Payment” button
- Enter your administrator login details to login
- Select and Upload Candidates accordingly
Registration Period and Closing Date
- The regular registration period is between Monday 16th December, 2019 and Thursday 16th April, 2020.(any school that fails to register within the stipulated period would have to pay a late registration fee)
- Late registration begins on Friday 17th April, 2020 and ends on Friday 24th April, 2020.
- The website will be closed at 12:00 midnight on Friday 24th April, 2020.
- The last date for return of printed payment invoice and endorsed final validation list is Monday 27th April, 2020.
- The registration period for BECE-Resit is between 17th June and 3rd July, 2020
- The tentative dates for BECE Resit are 6th and 7th July, 2020