Newgate College of Health Technology form for 2021/2022 is out and applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Certificate, Diploma, ND and HND Programmes in the school.
Newgate College of Health Technology Courses
DIPLOMA/ND COURSES ARE:
- Anaesthesia Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Community Health Extension Worker (CHEW)
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Health Information Management
- Health Education and Promotion
- Public Health
- Human Nutrition and Dietetics
HND COURSES ARE:
- Health Information Management
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Public Health Nursing
- Junior Community Health Extension Worker (JCHEW)
Newgate College of Health Technology Admission Requirements
PUBLIC HEALTH NURSING
- Nigerian Registered Nurse (NRN).
- National Diploma or its equivalent in Nursing.
- Holders of the above must possess the basic O’level credits in English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN
- Minimum of 5 passes in O’level WASSC/SSCE/GCE/NECO at not more than 2 sittings. Three (3) of the passes must be at credit level and should include English Language, Biology or Health Science, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Technical Drawing and any other subject.
COMMUNITY HEALTH EXTENSION WORKER (CHEW)
- Five (5) Credit level passes at WASSC/SSCE/GCE/NECO O’level not more than two (2) sittings. These must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Health Science. – Also, candidates with JCHEW certificates have an added advantage.
JUNIOR COMMUNITY HEALTH EXTENSION WORKER (JCHEW)
- Three (3) credits and two (2) passes at O’level WASSC or NECO in not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Health Science and any other two subjects.
PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN HEALTH INFORMATION MGT
- Five credits in O’level at not more than two sittings at the SSCE/WASSC or its equivalent. The subjects must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology or Health Science, Physics or Chemistry and any other subject.
HND HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
- National Diploma (ND) in H.I.M with a minimum of lower credit.
- Health Record Technician Certificate with a minimum of lower credit and five (5) O’level credits in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology or Health Science in either WAEC/NECO at not more than two sittings.
- Candidates must have completed one year of industrial attachment. Those with ND with an initial JAMB score of 150 are not required to write JAMB. However, candidates without ND certificates are required to have a JAMB score of 160 and above.
- Five (5) credits at not more than two (2) sittings in WASSC/SSCE/GCE/NECO in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
- Requires WASSC/SSCE/GCE/NECO – Four-credit passes in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry with at least a pass in Physics. (Results more than ten years as the date of this registration will be rejected by the Registration Board).
- Holders of Medical Lab. An assistant certificate with the above O’level.
FORMS are available at the school premises only. All interested and qualified candidates are to pick up their forms at the school premises.
For more information contact: 08132973514, 08079385743.