UNIBEN Diploma Form for Admission into School of Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology 2018/2019
UNIBEN Diploma Form – Applicants are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into The University of Benin, Centre for Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Diploma in the following Courses
(i) Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
(ii) Marine Drilling and Production Technology
(iii) Industrial Welding and Fabrication Technology
(iv) Project Management Technology and
(iv) Computing and Computer Technology
Professional courses at Advanced Certificate in
(i) Oil and Gas Instrumentation and Control Engineering
(ii) Oil and Gas Electrical Engineering and Naval Architecture
(iii) Marine and Naval Architecture Engineering,
(iv) Oil Field Development and Sub-sea Engineering.
Candidates should ensure that forms are clearly filled with all information required. Any application Form not properly filled will not be treated.
Application Deadline: 30th September, 2018.
Admission Requirements for Diploma
- Credit in Mathematics, English Language, and any other three subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science, Technical Drawing and Economics at GCE/WASC/SSCE/NABTEB/NECO in not more than two sittings.
- City and Guilds (Part 1) in any area of Engineering
- A qualification equivalent to any of the above.
Admission Requirements for Advanced Certificate
- Eng.in any Engineering Programs
- Sc. in any Science (Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Computer Science, Mathematics or the Equivalent)
- HND in any Engineering Programs
- HND in any Science Programs (Computer Science, Marine Engineering, Nautical Studies, Maritime Studies/ICT Program)
- Diploma in Maritime Studies, Information and Communication Technology
- OND in any Science Programs (Computer Science, Mathematics, Navigation and Nautical Studies, Maritime Studies/ICT Program)
- OND in any Engineering Program
How to apply
(1) These programmes will enormously enrich the Academic and Practical knowledge of individuals with experience and those who lack previous experience but are seeking to get know-how and expertise in Maritime/Offshore Technology Operations.
(2) Graduates from the Centre shall acquire both academic and practical knowledge needed in Sea Ports, Shipping, Oil, Custom Services, Agencies in Maritime and ICT Industries.
(3) Diploma in Maritime Studies and ICT is recognized as a Direct Entry qualification in University of Benin, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Science (Computer Science, Mathematics (Pure and Applied), Industrial Mathematics, Mathematics with Physics, Mathematics with Chemistry, Statistics with Computer Science, Physics, Geology and Industrial Physics), Faculty of Education (Department of Vocational and Technical Education) and Library Studies and similar institutions in the country.
Students must undertake and pass a three-month industrial training period between the first and second years of the programme.
Related Article: UNIBEN Postgraduate Form is out