NSUK Postgraduate admission form 2019/2020 is now out. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into various Postgraduate programmes of the Nasarawa State University, Keffi.
Important Notice for NSUK Postgraduate Programme:
(i) Only Courses available for the session are advertised and as such candidates are advised to select courses available in this advertisement.
(ii) Candidates are advised to PRINT out the advertisement and STUDY thoroughly before COMMENCING the application procedure online.
How to apply for NSUK Postgraduate admission
- Any candidate wishing to read for a postgraduate diploma or higher degree of NSUK shall apply for provisional admission, through the School of Postgraduate Studies (SPGS).
- Application for admission for such postgraduate studies shall be made in duplicate, using the prescribed forms obtained from SPGS on payment of appropriate application fees.
- The completed application forms, together with copies of relevant certificates and credentials, shall be sent to the Secretary of SPGS.
- The Candidate shall in addition, cause:
- his former University/Institution to send relevant transcript(s) directly to the Secretary of SPGS.
- two academic referees to send their confidential reports on prescribed SPGS forms directly to the Secretary of SPGS.
- All documents must reach SPGS on or before a stated closing date for the receipt of application forms.
- The SPGS shall forward the application of each candidate to the appropriate Department for consideration and recommendation.
- Candidates for Postgraduate Diploma and Master’s degree programmes shall be considered for admission only once in an academic session at the beginning of each session. Doctoral candidates shall be considered twice (at the beginning of each semester).
- Any request by candidates who have applied for admission for a change of Department, degree in view, field of study etc must reach the Secretary, SPGS before the closing date of submission of completed application forms.
- In respect of every candidate for admission, the Departmental Postgraduate Committee shall recommend as follows to the SPGS through the appropriate School or Faculty Postgraduate Studies Committee.
Postgraduate programmes offered at NSUK
Ph.D. Degree Programmes
These are available to holders of M.A; M.Ed.; M.Sc. and LL.M degrees, with a minimum of 4.00 Cumulative Grade Point Average CGPA or equivalent 60% score in their academic Master degree programmes. A Ph.D. degree programme runs for a minimum period of six (6) semesters and a maximum period of ten (10) semesters. Relevant courses will be taken for the Ph.D. full time studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the Ph.D. programme.
M.Phil /Ph.D. Degree Programmes
Candidates who score less than 4.0 CGPA or equivalent 60% score in M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., LL.M. can apply for admission into the Master of Philosophy (M.Phil/Ph.D.) degree programme. The M.Phil/Ph.D. degree programme is available only to full-time candidates. It runs for a minimum period of two (2) semesters and a maximum period of four (4) semesters. Candidates in this category are eligible for conversion to Ph.D. To be eligible for conversion for the Ph.D. programme, candidates are expected to score not less than 4.00 CGPA at the end of the first session.
Master Degree Programmes
M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc.,LL.M. degrees run for a minimum period of 4 semesters and a maximum period of 6 semesters for full-time candidates; a minimum period of 6 semesters and a maximum period of 8 semesters for part-time candidates. All Master Degree Programmes are by course work. This is in addition to a research report in forms of a Dissertation or Research project. HND with PGDs at upper credit may be acceptable.
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
Postgraduate Diploma degrees are available to candidates with a Third class (honours) degree and Higher National Diploma (HND) with minimum of lower credit or its equivalents. The Diplomas run for a minimum period of 2 semesters and a maximum period of 4 semesters for full time candidates or a minimum period of 4 semesters and a maximum period of 6 semesters for part time candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for NSUK Postgraduate Programmes
- All Certificates shall be available at the point of purchasing the application form, including the National Youth Service Corp DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE OREXEMPTION CERTIFICATE.
- Candidates are expected to submit their application forms online together with the scanned copies of their credentials.
- Transcripts of Academic Records should be forwarded to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. The Postgraduate School will not be held liable for any misdirected transcript, please.
- All candidates must have 5 O/L Credit passes, including Englis Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants for the Master degree programmes who are graduates of Narasawa State University, Keffi and other recognized Universities must have a minimum of Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and must be applying for programmes in which they have their first degrees. However, applicants with Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division) and those with higher classes of degrees seeking admissions into programmes outside those in which they have their first degrees may be admitted, provided they satisfy Senate requirements. All Candidates shall apply early Page their official Bachelor’s degree transcript to be sent to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, before the expiration of the deadline.
- Applicants for the Postgraduate programmes will be subjected to written assessment (qualifying examination) irrespective of the class of degree obtained.
Click here (pdf) for the available postgraduate programmes at NSUK.