The Wes Africa Examination Council has announced the commencement of WAEC GCE Registration form first series 2021. The registration begins on the 21st December 2020.
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) began conducting two series of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination for Private Candidates in 2018. The first series of 2021 will be conducted in February 2021.
WAEC GCE Registration Period
WAEC GCE registration period begins on 21st December 2020 and ends on 29th January 2021 at 12.00 midnight.
Walk-in registration is Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N30,500.00) only per candidate. Registration must be done not less than twenty-four hours to the scheduled time of the paper(s) intended to sit for.
WAEC GCE Registration Procedures
The registration fee to be paid by candidates is Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N13,950) only, at branches of the bank listed below or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc;
- First Bank of Nig. Ltd;
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc;
- Diamond Bank Plc;
- First City Monument Bank Plc;
- Skye Bank Plc;
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc;
- Ecobank Ltd;
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc;
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc;
- United Bank for Africa Plc;
- Fidelity Bank Plc;
- Heritage Bank Plc;
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc;
- Unity Bank Plc;
- WEMA Bank Plc.
Also, candidates will be required to pay a sum of Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) as commission to the banks or agents accredited by WAEC.
After you have obtained the Registration PIN, candidates should log in to WAEC GCE registration portal https://registration.waecdirect.org/.
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS: Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates, but they must dearly state their disabilities, e.g., blind, low vision, spastic, speech, etc.
COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION: All candidates MUST finish the registration within two weeks of gaining access to the portal during the registration period. Candidates should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correct. You are also to print the Admission Notice/Photo Card as evidence that you have successfully registered which will serve as a means of identification for candidates during the examination. On the Photo Card, there will be the Result Checker PIN. Only Digital Personal Scanner should is allowed to be used for fingerprint registration.
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that registration fee is not refundable.
- Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
- Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC website (http://www.waeconline.org.ng/) using the Registration PIN.
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- The entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled, but may be prosecuted.
- Candidates must ensure they provide valid email address and telephone number (s) during registration.
- All candidates must be prepared to observe all COVID-19 Regulations.
Lastly, kind ensure you properly fill the WAEC GCE registration form properly before you submit to avoid error(s) on your certificate.