In this short write-up, I will be discussing all you need to know about WAEC registration (August/September series). What I will explain here is:
- Registration procedure for Private candidates
The WAEC GCE Registration Period is from June 10th, 2020 to July 31st, 2020.
West Africa Examination council conducts two series of examination for private candidates every year. There is the first series and the second series.
The first series registration for the WASSCE for Private Candidates, is from October to December. And the examination will hold between January and February.
The second series for the WASSCE for Private Candidates, is from June, to July. And the examination always holds between August and September.
WAEC GCE Registration Procedures
The registration fee to be paid by candidates is Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N13,950) only, at branches of the bank listed below or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc;
- First Bank of Nig. Ltd;
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc;
- Diamond Bank Plc;
- First City Monument Bank Plc;
- Skye Bank Plc;
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc;
- Ecobank Ltd;
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc;
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc;
- United Bank for Africa Plc;
- Fidelity Bank Plc;
- Heritage Bank Plc;
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc;
- Unity Bank Plc;
- WEMA Bank Plc.
Also, candidates will be required to pay a sum of Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) as commission to the banks or agents accredited by WAEC.
After you have obtained the Registration PIN, candidates should log in to WAEC GCE registration portal https://registration.waecdirect.org/.
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS: Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates, but they must dearly state their disabilities, e.g., blind, low vision, spastic, speech, etc.
COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION: All candidates MUST finish the registration within two weeks of gaining access to the portal during the registration period. Candidates should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth and subjects are correct. You are also to print the Admission Notice/Photo Card as evidence that you have successfully registered which will serve as a means of identification for candidates during the examination. On the Photo Card, there will be the Result Checker PIN. Only Digital Personal Scanner should is allowed to be used for fingerprint registration.
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that registration fee is not refundable.
- Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
- Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC website (http://www.waeconline.org.ng/) using the Registration PIN.
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- The entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one centre will be cancelled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled, but may be prosecuted.
- Candidates must ensure they provide valid email address and telephone number (s) during registration.
- All candidates must be prepared to observe all COVID-19 Regulations.