WAEC GCE Result is out and it was released on 4th of March 2020. The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released the results of the private candidates that sat for the 2020 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) in Nigeria.
The total number of private candidates that sat for the 2020 WASSCE was 94,884.
Mr. Olu Olanipekun who is the Head of the Nigeria National Office WAEC said that out of 12,075 candidates that wrote the exam, 11,816 candidates have their result fully processed.
Analysis of WAEC GCE Result Performance Rate
Nine thousand four hundred and thirty-eight,9,438, candidates, representing 78.16% obtained credit and above in two subjects.
“Eight thousand one hundred and twenty-five, 8,125 candidates, representing 67.29% obtained credit and above in three (3) subjects; ‘Six thousand seven hundred and thirteen,6,713 candidates, representing 55.59% obtained credit and above in four (4) subjects;
“Five thousand two Hundred and Fifty-One, 5,251 candidates, representing 43.49% obtained credit and above in five (5) subjects.
Mr Olanipekun further stated that 3,892 candidates representing 32.23% obtained credits and above in a minimum of five subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
About WAEC Private Candidates Examination
WASSCE for private candidates examination which is normally written between January/February for the first series and August/September of every year for the second series.
You may read – how to check WAEC May/June result
How to Check WAEC GCE Result
The result checker PIN and Serial Number needed to check your result online is contained on your Smart Identity Card used during the conduct of the examination.
- Log in to WAEC portal at www.waecdirect.org
- Enter your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number in the space provided. (This is your 7-Digit centre number followed by your 3-digit candidate number eg. 4123456789)
- Enter the 4 digits of your Examination Year e.g. 2020
- Select the Type of Examination i.e. PRIVATE CANDIDATE RESULT
- Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card.
- Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card
- Click Submit and wait for your results to come up.
Check WAEC JAN/Feb Result via SMS
WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear To short-code 32327 (MTN, Airtel & Glo subscribers)
For illustration on how to check your WAEC GCE result, you can send -: WAEC*4250101001*123456789012*2013
- There should be no space in the message.
- Wait for your result to be delivered to your phone via SMS. (SMS Cost N30 Only)
- You can only use your result checker 5 times, so be wise