There is a misinformation about aeronautical engineering in Nigeria which needs to be readdressed. Some websites/blogs listed the Universities offering aeronautical engineering in Nigeria and the information given is misleading.
Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering (Aerospace engineering) is concerned with the engineering science and technology associated with air, space, ground and water transportation including fluid dynamics; orbital mechanics; control and dynamics of vehicles and systems; energy conversion and use; materials; and structural analysis.
The course is a five-year programme in the university that will enable you to have solid foundation in Aerodynamics, Astrodynamics, Aerospace Structures, Thermo-Fluid Dynamics, Mechanical Engineering design, Numerical methods and Controls systems amongst other courses
I have decided to give the correct information about this course according to JAMB latest brochure.
List of schools offering Aeronautical Engineering
- Air Force Institute of Technology (Kaduna)
- Kwara State University
- Federal University of Technology Owerri
- Afe Babalola University Ado-Ekiti
- Lagos State University
Read: For more information on this course in KWASU click kwasu.edu.ng
The first two universities listed above are known to offer this course. However,
FUTO offers Mechanical Engineering with options in:
- Air conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering Technology
- Automotive Engineering Technology
- Industrial and Prod. Engineering Technology
- Aeronautical Engineering Technology
Afe Babalola University and Lagos State University offers Aeronautic and Astronautic Engineering while AFIT offers Aerospace Engineering.
Subject needed to study aeronautical Engineering
- Use of English
Direct Entry: ‘A’ Level passes in any two (2) of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
O’level: Five (5) SSC credit passes to include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry ,English Language and any other Science subject.
Recommended: AFIT Post-UTME for admission
Universities that does not offer Aeronautical Engineering
The universities below are what some blogs have erroneously wrote that they offer the course and in the real sense they do not.
- Covenant University
- Federal University of Technology Akure
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (lautech)
- Ahmadu Bello University Zaria
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- University of Benin
- University of Ilorin, Kwara state
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT)