AIG Scholarship 2023/20224| Fully Funded Master’s Programme
The Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation invites applications for the 7th edition of the AIG Scholarships, which provide an exciting opportunity for talented Nigerians working in the Nigerian public sector to attend the University of Oxford for one year and pursue a Master’s in Public Policy degree.
AIG Scholars will be expected, upon graduation, to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector.
The AIG Scholarships are full scholarships covering fees, accommodation and living expenses.
From 2022, the AIG Scholarships will only be available to applicants who are already employed in the civil service. Applicants must be between the ages of 25 and 50, with good intellectual capacity, demonstrable leadership characteristics, and a desire to contribute to the development of Nigeria’s civil service.
The deadline for submission of application for the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships is 9th September, 2022.
AIG Scholarship Eligibility
- Be a Nigerian currently working in the public sector (Ministries, Departments, Agencies & Parastatals) at either Federal or State levels.
- Be between 25 and 45 years old.
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years work experience.
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification.
- Academic and analytical excellence
- Strong commitment to public service
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and resultant impact
- Impeccable moral character
Related Article: Apply for ABEM Postgraduate Scholarsip
How to apply for AIG Scholarship
- Due to high volumes of applications, only applicants shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted, and any inquiries regarding individual application status will not be responded to.
- Only applications submitted via the online application portal will be considered.
- Candidates who emerge as finalists in the selection process will be required to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, for admission. Full support will be provided throughout the application process. Finalists offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be considered for the AIG Scholarship.
- New applicants should click on the “Start Application” tab on the site menu and provide their basic information. On submission of your basic information, you will instantly receive an acknowledgement e-mail, from the portal containing a link that will enable you to continue the application process. You MUST click on the link (or copy and paste the URL into your browser) to continue the application. You will be automatically redirected to the application portal where you can continue and complete your application. Please note that you will not receive an e-mail if your e-mail address is incorrect, non-functional or has been deactivated as a result of inactivity for a long period of time. You should therefore, ensure that your e-mail account is active and open before you start your application.
- Returning applicants should click on the “Continue Application” tab on the site menu and log in with their email address and password.
Please note that you will be required to upload a passport photograph with a maximum size of 50 kb
To apply, kindly visit the official link