The Shell Scholarship programme for 2020/2021 is currently ongoing for Nigerian students who are currently in their second year in the university 200 (level).
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) invites applications from suitably qualified full time Nigerian Students for its 2020/2021 SPDC-JV University Scholarship Scheme.
The deadline for application for the scholarship is 25th September 2021.
Shell SPDC JV University Scholarship Eligibility
The merit-based undergraduate scholarship is in two categories – the National Merit Award (NM) and the Areas of Operation Merit Award.
- National Merit Award (NM)Open to all Nigerians.
- Areas of Operation Merit Award For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States
Eligible Applicants for Shell Scholarship must:
- Be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Be registered FULL TIME undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria
- Have a minimum of five credits, at one sitting, including O/Levels Mathematics and English
- Have a minimum of 200 score in UTME
- Be in 200 level with a minimum grade CGPA of 2.5 (as at December 2019)
How to apply for Shell Scholarship Award
- All applicants should have their personal valid email account (for consistent communication).
- All applications must be done online, via the scholarship portal https://www.spdc-jv-scholarship.shell.com/
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or
- The Chairman of the Executive Council (CEC)
This is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards. The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Investment, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Port Harcourt.
- Maximum document size must be 200KB and image format must be JPEG.
- There will be no selection test (selection is based on combined academic performance) and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Shell does not demand payment from applicants and does not assign ‘agents’ or ‘representatives’ to assist applicants.