Shell NNPC/SNEPCo Scholarship for 2020 is out. All eligible undergraduate students should check below for the requirements and the procedures on how to fill the the SNEPCo Undergraduate scholarships application form.
The application is for Nigerian Undergraduates who are in second year (200 level) of full-time study in a Nigerian University accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
The closing date for submission is 28th August, 2020.
About NNPC/SNEPCo Scholarship
The Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo), its co-venture partners and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerian students for the 2020 NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship Programme. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerian. It provides yearly grant to the successful applicant from their second year (200 level) to the completion of their degree programme.
The Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo) pioneered Nigeria’s deep-water oil and gas production at the Bonga field, a project that increased Nigeria’s oil capacity by 10% when output began in 2005. At full output, Bonga has the potential to add more than 200,000 barrels of crude oil and 150 million standard cubic feet of gas to Nigeria’s daily production.
Eligible Applicants for NNPC/SNEPCo Scholarship
Students applying for snepco scholarship must be studying one of the courses below:
- Petroleum Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Materials/Corrosion Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Physics/Applied Physics
- Mathematics/Applied Mathematics
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Agricultural Science
- Metallurgical Engineering
Also applicant must:
- Be a citizen of Nigeria
- Currently be in their second year (200 level) of full-time study in a Nigerian University accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 in a 5-grade system
- Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship (National or International)
How to Apply for NNPC/SNEPCo Scholarship
SNEPCo will not accept email applications. Eligible students studying the eligible courses listed above in accredited Nigerian universities are invited to submit an electronic application on the official website (see below). Please note the instructions below:
- Every applicant should have a valid personal email account and phone number.
- Applications by eligible candidates should be submitted online at https://scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo
- Candidates should include personal and educational details in the application.
- Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, and not more than 200 kilobytes;
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result;
- O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable;
- Letter of Identification from State of origin indicating applicant’s local government of origin;
- Academic results for 100 level for 2018/2019 academic session
Recommended: Success tips for SNEPCo test
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Click on “Apply Now” tab.
- Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Click on https://scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo to return to Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
- When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
- Return to https://scholastica.ng/ , enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
- If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN),
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- Return to https://scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion.