The Alex Otti Foundation (AOF) undergraduate scholarship is out and applications are invited from interested candidates for the Foundation’s Tertiary Education Scholarships for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Applications close by midnight, Saturday, December 31, 2021. Any application not FULLY completed by the closing date WILL NOT be processed.
The Foundation, therefore, calls for applications from interested candidates for the 2021/2022 edition of its undergraduate scholarship scheme. The scheme was established to assist indigent students ancestrally from – or resident in – Abia State with financial support to facilitate their educational pursuits.
Scholarships will be awarded based on strong personal academic background, leadership potential, and a demonstrated desire to use the acquired knowledge to contribute to societal development. Upon completion of their studies, Winners should apply their talents and knowledge in improving the lives of others. Over time, the Foundation expects its scholarship beneficiaries to form a strong network of leaders who will individually and collectively contribute to the wellbeing of Abia State in particular and Nigeria in general.
Successful candidates will be required to maintain a CGPA of at least 3.5 (every session) for those studying in universities (or its equivalent, for those in other tertiary institutions) every academic session to continue enjoying the Scholarship until they graduate.
Alex Otti Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Students who are currently in 2nd-year (200 Level) in any government-owned tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- The candidate must have had at least a CGPA of 3.5 – for universities (or its equivalent, for other tertiary institutions) in his/her first academic session (that is, First Year).
WHO SHOULD NOT APPLY?
- Siblings (that is, children who share the same parents) of current Alex Otti Foundation scholars are not eligible and will not be until their sibling’s current Scholarship runs its full course.
- Candidates must submit a statement of result for the first academic session (that is, First Year) signed by the Department/Faculty’s Admin Officer (who rightfully is a representative of the registrar in the department or faculty).
- Candidates must present a letter of recognition by their community/religious group leader or electricity utility bill of the last three months, to prove he/she currently resides in Abia State.
- Candidates must submit a 1200-word essay, broken into three (3) parts telling us: (a) about their nuclear family, situating themselves within it; (b) a time they were part of a community, and their contributions to the community; and (c) what they think about giving back to the society.
- Candidates must provide valid means of identification.
How to Apply for Alex Otti Foundation Scholarship
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
FURTHER NOTES TO APPLICANT
- The Scholarship is for those who are residents in Abia State. This means there is no difference between those who ancestrally hail from the state and those whose families migrated from other states. So long as you live in the state, you are eligible even if you are schooling elsewhere in Nigeria.
- Indigent students are those whose families cannot genuinely afford the cost of tertiary education. Those with the means to afford tertiary education should consider staying away from this Scholarship as a way of giving back to society.
- Due to the volume of entries received in every edition, only candidates who scale through the first screening will be contacted.