JAMB CAPS was designed for UTME and Direct Entry candidates to check their JAMB admission status. The portal helps Candidates to Accept or Reject their admission offer after they have checked their JAMB admission status through the Central Admission Processing System portal (CAPS) link inducted by Joint Admission and Matriculation Board.
The Importance of JAMB CAPS
- Restored autonomy to schools with regards to admission process
- Transparency, Openness, and Accountability in the admission process
- Market place to source for students
- Involvement of candidates in the admission process – Every candidate is required to “Accept” or “Reject” his/her admission before the process is said to be completed
How To Use JAMB CAPS To Check Admission Status Using JAMB Portal
The steps below help you on how to check your JAMB admission status on CAPS portal
- Visit the official JAMB CAPS portal website and click directly on Jamb Caps login https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility_/.
- Login with the credentials( email and password) account you have created with JAMB
- Click on “check admission status” on the portal
- Select your examination year, supply your JAMB registration number in the required column and then click on the ‘Access my CAPS‘ button.
- There is an option on your left hand-side, Click on ‘Admission Status’
- Locate and click on the ‘Search’ button in front of your JAMB Registration Number to load your profile.
- Your admission status will be revealed, you can now accept/reject your admission offer under ‘Admission Profile’.
If you’ve been admitted, you can either Accept admission or Reject admission.
The graphics or image below will also guide you on how to use the portal effectively.
How to use Central Admission Processing System portal in Pictures
- Institution forwards recommended list to JAMB desk officer
- Desk officer processes recommended list and generates list of provisional admissions
- JAMB contacts candidates to accept or decline admission
- If candidate accepts, admission is concluded for candidate
- If candidate declines, s(he) is returned to market place for possible consideration by other institutions
If your school is yet to release admission list, it will read: “admission in progress, check back later” under the tag ‘Admission Status’. In this case, you won’t be able to click on the ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’ button. And don’t panic if you didn’t see ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’ but continue to check CAPS website as the site is being uploaded daily as institutions forward recommended list to JAMB.
How To Check JAMB Admission Status Without Email
JAMB has made it clear that candidates will have access their profile during or after registration through Mobile APP on the candidates’ phone. This means that your can access your JAMB CAPS without your email through JAMB APP on Google Play store. So, perhaps, your have forgotten your JAMB email and password to access your admission status, you can follow the simple steps below
- Visit Google Play Store on your Phone
- Search and download JAMB Mobile App
- Login using your JAMB registration number
- Scroll down to locate ‘Check Admission Status‘ and click
- Enter your registration number in the space provided
- Select the year you wrote the exam
- Click on Next to check your admission status
FAQ On JAMB CAPS Portal
- If you see “Subquery return more than 1 value…” when you tried to login. It may be that you use the same account for DE and UTME. Don’t Panic, it will be resolved.
- If you login and notice invalid credentials, check whether you input the correct Jamb registration number and password. Also try to change your password. But note, use a computer, immediately you click on reset password, Jamb will send a link to your e-mail address, go to your e-mail address and click on the reset password link for your to reset the password. The reset password link only have like 2-5 minutes before it becomes inactive. Once you have done that you will be able to access your admission status with the new password you have reset.
- If you see “approved” on your JAMB CAPS dashboard, it means you have been offered admission
- If you see “”Admission in progress” on your dashboard, it means you should check back later
- If you mistakenly click on ‘accept admission’ and you haven’t been offered admission by your institution, there is no need to panic.
Recommended: How to Print JAMB Admission Letter