This article discusses all the courses offered at Maranatha University and admission requirements. This is to help those seeking undergraduate admission into the school.
Maranatha University is a Faith based school and one of the private universities in Nigeria which is is located at Imo State, Mgbidi Town, Oguta Road. The school has 3 faculties and they are Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences, Faculty of Arts, Management and Social Sciences, and Faculty of Environmental Sciences.
List of Courses Offered at Maranatha University
- Chemical Sciences
- Industrial Chemistry
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security
- Software Engineering
- Physics with Electronics
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Administration
- Criminology and Security Studies
- Estate Management
- Quantity Surveying
Maranatha University Admission Requirements
Admission into the University is open to all irrespective of religion, ethnic group, gender, creed and disability. However, candidates must note that Maranatha University is a Christian faith based university.
The admission requirements into the undergraduate programmes of Maranatha University are as follows:
- All admissions into the University shall be through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB);
- For admission to 100 Level (via UTME), candidates must: obtain five (5) credits at SSCE (or equivalent) in relevant subjects at not more than 2 sittings including credit passes in English and Mathematics; and attain acceptable points in UTME in relevant subjects;
- For admission by direct entry (200 Level), candidates shall, in addition to having five (5) SSCE credits, obtain at least two (2) A’ level (or its equivalent) passes in relevant subjects, or possess ND with credit passes, or possess a good first degree in another field as the case may be;
- Credit passes in English Language and Mathematics shall be compulsory for admission into all courses;
- Those who meet the requirements for admission shall be subjected to screening interviews to be conducted by the University.
Prospective students must, in addition to meeting the general admission requirements, also satisfy the faculty and departmental requirements. Please click the button below to download the faculty and departmental requirements.